Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know if your nose is broken?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
Lastnight I ran face first into a glass door it hurt so bad it made me cry but there was no blood or anything today it still hurts and is kind of swollen and hard to breathe through but not crooked or anything. I'm cheap and not going to spend $75 to go to urgent care for them to do nothing whitch I imagine they can't do anything since it's just a little swollen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Texas-Mommy-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Bump! Not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM

doesn't really matter if it's broken or not, there's nothing the er can do for it.  it's not a bone, it will heal.  I've broken mine three times, the last time on a frozen turkey.  I'm quite clumsy.

juicebox.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Do you have two black eyes? If not, it's probably not broken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:19 PM
That's what I figured it's not crooked so it doesn't need to be set it just fricken hurts even around my eyes and it hurts to breathe

Quoting ff-princess:

doesn't really matter if it's broken or not, there's nothing the er can do for it.  it's not a bone, it will heal.  I've broken mine three times, the last time on a frozen turkey.  I'm quite clumsy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:19 PM
If you would have broken it chances are there would have been lots of blood and you would have one or two black eyes. I don't know anyone who has broken their nose and didn't bleed or have at least one black eye.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:24 PM
My son broke my nose when he was one...there was no blood..i had bruising down the sides.the end turns to the left...and it was the absolute worst pain ..it burned real bad....i saw black...purple green and yellow...and then felt like I was gona puke....they will set it if it needs to be set but I just let it go and took the pain meds I was given.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM
This is how I felt it hurt so bad even giving birth 5 times I didn't cry this made me cry and feel like I was going to pass out and it hurts all around my eyes when I breathe even my glasses sitting on it hurts

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

My son broke my nose when he was one...there was no blood..i had bruising down the sides.the end turns to the left...and it was the absolute worst pain ..it burned real bad....i saw black...purple green and yellow...and then felt like I was gona puke....they will set it if it needs to be set but I just let it go and took the pain meds I was given.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheryllinn
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:29 PM

xray does the trick if you have the dough

MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Yes...you get this weird taste in your mouth and a smell...sucked so bad...at least you can't tell unless you stare at me or run your fingers down my nose..lol
Ice it and take motrin if your not gona go to the er ...

Quoting LCWAmommy:

This is how I felt it hurt so bad even giving birth 5 times I didn't cry this made me cry and feel like I was going to pass out and it hurts all around my eyes when I breathe even my glasses sitting on it hurts

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Yeah not gonna happen I have no desire to blow $75 in urgent care or $250 in the ER for them to tell me yup it's broken put I've on it

Quoting Sheryllinn:

xray does the trick if you have the dough

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)