Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well happy holidays to me he relapsed again

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM
  • 5 Replies
My dad is an addict has been since I was 11 and he was in a terrible accident. He recently divorced my evil sm and now relapsed again while I'm intown with my kids visiting. He had been sober a yr. So here I sit in his house alone with my two kids dh is deployed and I don't leave tell next sun and he's been gone 24 hrs. I hate this .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sheryllinn
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM

awwww, thats horrible for you mamma. is there anything you can do to get him help. like maybe a local rehab center to just keep him clean and safe for a while....if not for good. I dont know if it has to be voluntary though. 

delilahsmom1177
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM

That sucks momma. I remember last Thanksgiving my best friends uncle called her telling her he didn't know where her father was. He is an alcoholic and apperently got to the mail before his brother and got his check and cashed it...at the bar. She was worried for days until finally he called her. She lives in NY and he is in Michigin. I know it was soo hard for her. But she stuck it through and I think she is stronger everyday for what she's done for her father. You are a good daughter to still even go to his house after being an addict for so much of your life. Hang in there you kow he will soon need you. And I am sure you will be there for him. 

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:29 AM

I'm sorry momma, I hope he comes to his senses and stops this nonsense and sees that he's blessed with a loving family.

epoh
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:58 AM
I'm sorry, mama. Addiction is a very difficult thing to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:06 AM
This is the hardest time of year for addicts... Addicts don't know how to stop or put others first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)