Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ever ok not to use a carseat?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:36 PM
  • 8 Replies
I want to take my kids to church tomorrow but I have no gas in my car. The church has a bus that picks up people in the morning but would I need the carseat for that? My daughter is almost 3. My son is 7 weeks so he goes nowhere without a carseat. Do kids ride in city cabs without a carseat? Just wondering. I never thought about public transportation and carseats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:38 PM

It depends on the size of the bus.. I know you can ride a city bus without a carseat, since the buses are made that way.. with a smaller bus I'd use one.

My Blog: http://thedevianthousewife.blogspot.com/

matofour
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM
In cabs you should really install a carseat. It's not law, but let's face it...a cab is a car. In a crash the same thing will happen to your child if the were not In a carseat in your car.
Buses no, they use compartmentalized seating, it works different than a car works to keep you safe. It's actually against the law to install a carseat on a bus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
IMO unless there is a freaking apocolypse there is no good reason to put your kids lives at risk in such a way.
TSNDDY
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Ive never seen a carseat on a bus..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:44 PM
There is no good reason to not use a car seat. My 3 yr old is in his car seat everytime he gets in a moving vehicle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

*I* wouldn't be comfortable with it, but I'm pretty sure any time there is a hired driver it is legal to not use a car seat.

joci2203
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

To go to church? No.  To escape death?  Yes.

Lydlou02
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM
The only carseat you'll ever see on a bus is the infant carrier type. City busses don't even have seatbelts so a carseat would be pointless. IDK anything about cabs, I've never used one, prob never will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)