Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mommas that know Excell HELP ME

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of the payments from our tenants (have taken over this duty for my grams who actually owns the house) the tenants are allowed to pay whenever as long as they pay in full by the end of the month. This was the arrangement that they made years ago and its working for the relationship. They are good renters and have been in the house for 7 years.

for some reason i have hit a mental block on excell ( might be the 27 hrs i have worked in the last 2 days)

I have the columns set up for the months going across the top and days going down the side. I set the formula up to added the amounts up that i place in the cell (So the amount that they paid) Some months they pay more (rent is $1100 and this month they paid an extra $50.00 towards next month) and some months they have a balance left over from the month before. how do i write a formula to show that?it can do that right ... I'm trying to remember my excell class frosh year in college.

THANKS ARWYN

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phisherally
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Bump so I can look on my computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkys_Buttons
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Thanks !!!! I'm suffering from some serious mush brain.

phisherally
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I think you have it right, or if someone has already heled you... looks right to me!

Arwyn724
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM

The balance will carry forward, payments will reduce the amount owed. 

Binkys_Buttons
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Someone helped me - THANK YOU WHO EVER IT WAS... as soon as i saw the formula it all came back to me and i should be smacked it was so easy :)

Arwyn724
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM

You're welcome 

Quoting Binkys_Buttons:

Someone helped me - THANK YOU WHO EVER IT WAS... as soon as i saw the formula it all came back to me and i should be smacked it was so easy :)

Binkys_Buttons
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Thanks .... I can't beleive how easy that was... I should of known that :)

Quoting Arwyn724:

The balance will carry forward, payments will reduce the amount owed. 

baquick
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:45 PM
The new excel is confusing lol. I swear they changed the formulas lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkys_Buttons
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I love excell and use to use it all the time for my old job.... but now i'm working retail and have no use for it... i use its not like riding a bike.

Quoting baquick:

baquick
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Yup I hear ya! Used to use it all the time in my old job. Used it all the Tim in HS. I even won an award for my excel use in BPA lmao

Quoting Binkys_Buttons:

I love excell and use to use it all the time for my old job.... but now i'm working retail and have no use for it... i use its not like riding a bike.

Quoting baquick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)