Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm going to get bashed to holey hell on this (be prepared for TMI) (UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post

But those who don't bash may find it funny, so what the hell.

My daughter is 3 and a perceptive little thing. I hate when other people proclaim how smart their kids are, but I do think her particular brand of intelligence is special. Anyway, I was changing my son's diaper (he's intact) and my daughter asked me "are you cleaning his penis?"

"yes honesy I am"

"Daddy's penis is shaped like an ice cream cone, how come Indie doesn't have ice cream?"

LOL, my husband is circumcised. Ice cream cone? Huh? I suppose. lol

Oh I can't wait until my husband comes home and learns of Eve's new word "circumcised" She is going to go on and on about this one for weeks, I just know it. She will make it dinner conversation tonight I can hear it already. 

"dady, indie doesn't have an ice cream cone pecause he doesn't have circumcision"

Disclaimer, please do not tell me that my daughter has been sexually abused because she knows what a penis looks like. We are quite aware and take sex education as a natural thing in our home

UPDATE

I do some online work for my therapist, mostly social media stuff to help promote his business, because of that I told him about this post. When I told him what some of you were saying I wish you could have seen the look on his face. I told him most people found it funny and praised me for my openness about sexuality with my kids, he interrupted "What any normal, healthy person would say"

He was totally flabbergasted at the people who had issue with this. 

I just thought I would through in an "expert" since you guys are all claiming to be one or know one yourselves. LOL

Photobucket
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Replies (71-80):
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM
14 moms liked this

I have seen a lot of dicks in my day...none that looked or tasted like an ice cream cone though.

Yes I'm aware that I just called myself a slut...carry on!

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  My oldest son asked something similar about his daddy's penis and his own around 3.    My husband is circ'ed and my boys are not. Penises are a big topic of conversation in this house. 

alwayskk
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM
15 moms liked this

I'm a mandated reporter also.

You don't 'have' to report any and everything. You 'have' to report things that make you suspect that there is abuse going on.

hautemama83
by Nichole on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Oh ffs

Quoting college.mom:

I was thinking the same thing.  I work for the Rape Crisis Center, and if I had more information I would legally have to report this and in some states your husband would be a sex offender for her even seeing it.  Be careful momma. 

Quoting happymom629:

I'm just being honest, but your daughter should not be seeing your husband's penis.

I used to be a CPS caseworker.

If she tells her preschool teacher something like that it will be a BIG RED FLAG and some mandated reporters will immediately call CPS for that.  The investigation itself could be very traumatic to your family, and your child, as well as yourself and your marriage.

She should not be seeing any adult (or really child's too) penis from THIS DAY ON.

Got it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
That's funny op.

I can't believe some of these responses! I'm a single mom and to make things easier on me I shower with my 4.5yr old and almost 3yr old boys! I don't understand why people are saying they would turn you in? She is your child and its your choice if she is introduced to the human body or not! Jeez people!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
married-in-06
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. DH is and if we ever have boys(on our 3rd girl lol) they will be also

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Every male in my home is intact :)

Ice cream cone is an interesting comparison. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
2 moms liked this
Yeah I'm all about education and being okay with your body but she is obviously really looking if she knows the exact shape..

Quoting Aamy:

Sex is a natrual thing yes, but still knowing what daddies penis looks like tells she has seen it way to often....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous.
2 moms liked this

wait, you don't do that already? erm...i don't either..yeah.. 

lol

Quoting momma-flynn:

Great. Now when I eat an ice cream cone I'm going to think of penises. 

mstkn.identity
5 moms liked this
Oh shut the fuck up. Got it?

Quoting happymom629:

I'm just being honest, but your daughter should not be seeing your husband's penis.

I used to be a CPS caseworker.

If she tells her preschool teacher something like that it will be a BIG RED FLAG and some mandated reporters will immediately call CPS for that. The investigation itself could be very traumatic to your family, and your child, as well as yourself and your marriage.

She should not be seeing any adult (or really child's too) penis from THIS DAY ON.

Got it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyaustin
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

i commend you on keeping communication open and yes she is very smart little girl this story is funny...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)