Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Their dad died... mom had better things to do *edit at bottom*

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM
  • 63 Replies

So there are these two kids 11 and 14.  One morning their mother receives a call that her ex-husband has died completely unexpectedly.   She takes the call, informs the kids and proceeds to leave for a doctors appointment 2.5 hours away.  It is not a matter of life and death, missing the appointment would not cause her any harm.  When asked where she was, she informs sister of her children that she would have to wait too long to reschedule and she did not want to miss it.  

Sister had come to pick up her half siblings only to find them in some state of shock, wide eyed, red eyed, lost. She took them back to be with the rest of their and their fathers family.  

What would you think of this.  

*****addition/edit****

She may have been in shock, I have never been in her head (thank goodness).  She started calling about his insurance less than a week later and asking us to empty his account (he had very little) and to please bring her the money.  She also wanted to go through his stuff and find the things she wanted first...uh no.  Recently she has bothered my grandmother for money set aside for my brother (who is now 18) because she feels it is just as much hers.  She is one of those able bodied people who does not even look for a job, she goes to doctors until she can convince them she has a real problem so she can get her PA and habitat house (I have no problem with people who get PA my mom did for a few years when I was little...I love her and like her very much).  This is old news, but I have never asked or talked to anyone outside of my family.  It happened seven years ago, I still find myself breaking down unexpectedly.  The other night I was washing blinds at work and started bawling.  It is fresh in my mind again.  

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
She should have been there for the kids. That was low.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseaLiz
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM
I would have dropped then off with their half sister and his family to mourn together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Sounds like the mom was either in extreme shock, or insensitive to her kids' feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM
What a cold Bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseaLiz
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM
I would have talked to them and comforted them first though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
2 moms liked this
That she's a heartless bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatesMyBoy

Honestly, I can't think of any reason other than imediate death that would tear me from my childrens side in that situation.

Quoting angie729:

She should have been there for the kids. That was low.

carmndomsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM

cold hearted

andreamarie
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM
No words
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crashly
by WINNING! on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

omg what a heartless bitch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN