Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had nothing... updated!*

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
  • 39 Replies
And you were on a list for adopt a families, what things would you ask for for Christmas? We're doing one at work and the lady gave the organization her list and it's filled with things like a ps3, xbox 360, pap's, a digital camera (and she gave us a specific brand and model) etc... our budget wasn't that big... I think she's going to be disappointed when she gets her gifts...

So we got a different family and i'm so glad we could help them thus year. They're so humble. The things they're asking for are blankets, jean, a new toaster, pans etc. The mom says she feels like she's in a dream. I can't wait to deliver the gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TygerLily62
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Paps is supposed to be psp's lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketrider2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM

then she shouldn't have filled out a list. 

i think some people really abuse the power of getting a free handout. 

GomezMami2908
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Wow, that's a little rude of her....brand and model? I would think she should be thankful she gets anything at all! Plus, how much does this lady think a PS3 cost? Unbelievable.

I would ask for clothes, and probably board games for the kids..keep it realistic.

GreenBurrito
Honestly? I would request toys for my child. Simple toys. Like stuffed animals or cards or something. For the teenagers, we'd request clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
Well we thought we would get a list of her kids favorite characters, clothing sizes etc...

Quoting rocketrider2011:

then she shouldn't have filled out a list. 

i think some people really abuse the power of getting a free handout. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I would want my girls to have the essentials, like shoes, socks, clothes, diapers. Maybe a stuffed animal thrown in there. We are lucky to not be on the list though. That woman knows no suffering. Those things would be the last on my list, if at all.

Photobucket

thehickinhickor
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Wow really that's just not right

I don't know what i would get even if i had the.money i would not get all that all tho you can get a used xbox 360for cheap if you really look for one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM
We were kind of thinking about finding someone in more need but that felt worse...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM
If I had nothing? Something practical for the kids, like clothes or books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karasmomma2007
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:06 AM

If we had nothing, I'd ask for a few simple toys for DD like a teddy bear or barbie doll . Also warm clothes like hats and mittens to get through the winter. Some people are incredibly selfish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)