Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do? Need advice please PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
  • 19 Replies

The last time my DH's family sa my son he was 6 months old he is now 7 1/2. They have never met my DD who will be 2 on new years eve. I have given them every oppertunity to come visit i have invited them and when they have passed through on their way to Orgon or driving back to Texas i have told them they are more than welcome to come visit. Anyways i just got a text from my SIL who i cant stand and dont get along with and this is what it said "I was thinkng is its ok that Archer come visit us this summer so he can get to know his auntie and cousins. What do you think? Just to be nice i sent her a text back that said "its soething to think about. I just dont know how he would handle being so far away from us when hes never been away from us. Keep in mind he doesnt remember them and they ive in Texas also she has a live in BFwho i have heard NOTHING good about and if she allows him around her 3 boys i sure as hell DONT want him around my son. I was telling my mom about the text and she told me to let my DH handle it cause its his family but she sent me the text not him. I understand thas is part of his family but i refuse to send him so far away when he doesnt know antone and if something where to happen i couldnt get to him. If my DH says its ok to send him i will stad my ground one we ont have the money to pay or a plane ticket and two i'm not going to send him t osome place unfamiliare to him and so far away. What would you do if you were in my situation? ny advice would be great thanks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annaica
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM
I wouldn't do it personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I would never send my child that far away to people that are strangers to him. I doubt your dh would either.

missthismuch
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Personally I wouldn't. He doesn't know them.. And if they haven't seen him then obviously u guys haven't and don't know them that well either.... Jmo.. I wouldn't do it... If they haven't made an effort this long... They can wait till he's older and make that decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itty_bitty
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM

would never happen

Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Not in a million years

TygerLily62
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Quoting annaica:

I wouldn't do it personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM
I agree 100%

Quoting missthismuch:

Personally I wouldn't. He doesn't know them.. And if they haven't seen him then obviously u guys haven't and don't know them that well either.... Jmo.. I wouldn't do it... If they haven't made an effort this long... They can wait till he's older and make that decision.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cakes2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:18 AM
There is no way i would do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM
ITA

Quoting missthismuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd flat out say no. If she wants to get to know him, she can come visit you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)