Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think should happen to this second grade teacher?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:31 AM
  • 31 Replies

not sure if this was posted yet, but i think she was in the wrong for telling these kids that santa wasnt real.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/bah-humbug-second-grade-teacher-tells-students-santa-article-1.985829

baby

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misfitdiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:33 AM

I hope she is fired, personally.

roseberrymatrix
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Not her place

lilmomma232010
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:35 AM

me 2, its not her job to tell the kids, its the parents job when they feel the child is ready 

Quoting misfitdiva:

baby

..guesswho..
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:36 AM
She is gonna get coal in her stocking. What a Scrooge.

We don't push the Santa issue here. But I wouldn't want my child's teacher telling them anything about Santa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:37 AM

I hope she's fired...  I couldnt imagine someone so callous and insensitive teaching my kids... if she isnt fired and one of my kids was her student or future student, we'd be finding a new class OR new school if possible

misfitdiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Not just for that reason.  Children should have a little fantasy in there lives.  Part of today's youth is they grow up so fast that they never learn that its ok to have and use an imagination.   Children NEED to believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, that Mom and/or Dad are the greatest super heroes in the world, that their world is absolutely safe and thats its ok that they have a that little place in there mind that contains there own private world that no one can invade or take away. 

JMO

Quoting lilmomma232010:

me 2, its not her job to tell the kids, its the parents job when they feel the child is ready 

Quoting misfitdiva:

Litlmama87
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Not her place. And even though I don't tell my kid's Santa is real, (even though my son mentioned something about Santa bringing something this year...ugh) I'd be ready to shove coal down her throat if I was one of those children's parents.

lilmomma232010
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:45 AM

our santa here is really kool, we were at the mall eatting and all of a sudden a parade comes through the food court(sp(sorry im tired lol) and santa was leading them playing a tromebone, brax was having a blast, i have pictures but i havnt uploaded them yet

Quoting misfitdiva:

Not just for that reason.  Children should have a little fantasy in there lives.  Part of today's youth is they grow up so fast that they never learn that its ok to have and use an imagination.   Children NEED to believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, that Mom and/or Dad are the greatest super heroes in the world, that their world is absolutely safe and thats its ok that they have a that little place in there mind that contains there own private world that no one can invade or take away. 

JMO

Quoting lilmomma232010:

Quoting misfitdiva:

baby

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:45 AM

What a scrooge.

hayliedlr
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

Not her place

agreed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)