Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update*Spending my night in ICU, what are you doing?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
I had this typed out but deleted it by accident when my dr came in. Yeah, I've had an eventful night. Severe asthma attack that treatment at home didn't help. Walked into ER with dh and they took me straight back. I lost count around my 5th back to back breathing treatment. I kept passing out briefly from exhaustion so they literally had everything to intubate me! They had gloves, bag, scope thing, tube, 8 million people, everything when they decided to try a last ditch effort and gave me a shot of epinephrine in my arm. I finally came around, hallelujah!!! Now I am up in ICU cuz I still may be tubed unless I'm able to stay like this. Totally not a fun experience! I've had asthma all my life and never been this bad. I kept apologizing (or trying to) in the ER cuz everyone was freaking out over me and I felt bad, stupid I know.

Now I'm kinda up cuz I've had 800 meds and still getting settled.

12/3: I only slept maybe an hour. 2 Hours after they got me stable and then an hour after getting to ICU I started going down again. So I'm on treatments every 2 hours, 1 hour if needed. Then they put me on bi-pap for a few hours to help force my body to breathe and give me a slight break. I finally fell asleep with it so as weird as it was, it kinda helped. I'm still on oxygen and just walking to the bathroom while on it puts me down to 80's. My heart rate and respiratory rate are still borderlining high so my machine goes off literally every 2 seconds! I have had to get more steroids in my IV, 2 more bags of magnesium sulfate, a heparin shot, and insulin shot (the steroids screwed my blood glucose up). I'm hoping I can go home today, think I'll get lucky?

(Oh and just typing this on my stupid phone sends my respiratory rate high, fun............. not so much)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dueoct28
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandiaubrey
I hope you stay breathing well and can go home soon. That has to be scary and no fun. I just got home from a 5 hour er stay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamas1stbaby
I hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasaint
1 mom liked this

Wow, that is horrible, so sorry!

I am waiting for 6 eight year olds to quit giggling and go to sleep. Hopefully soon since it's midnight!

Mrs.Kubalabuku

hugs

I hope you get to feeling better real soon!

yo_ho
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Glad you are better! Stay that way!

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:02 AM
Fell better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM

get better...I have asthma too

carryannsmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Hugs feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clds0507
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Hope you feel better darlin. I have been with my niece 2 yr old back to back with 10. She was like a little crazy person. She was wired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)