Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Android apps for special needs children?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:01 AM
  • 21 Replies
Does anyone know of any apps for special needs children for android? My daughter's speech therapist has Touch & Say for her iPad that my daughter LOVES but it isn't available on android :( So far I only have fireworks so she can just touch the screen and watch the fireworks. Any apps for younger kids would be awesome too. She's 2 but mentally about 9 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briesmomisback
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:03 AM
Try doing a Google search. Lots of organizations have lists. Its well over 200 apps I believe on both androids and ipods/iPhones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
two_dark_eyez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:05 AM
I googled my heart out lol I can't seem to find anything :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KedrynsMommie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:10 AM
Toddler lock is fun.. its not special needs per se but my 17 month old LOVES it.. it locks down all the phones buttons so little fingera cant mess anything up or randomly dial people lol its a black screen that you can draw on or tap to ger shapes.. theyre bright neon colors and the sound reminds me of chimes..

Btw <3 Android
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
two_dark_eyez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM
Thanks! Off to check that out :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bmommyof2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:17 AM
Thanks! I just downloaded it, my dd is going to looove it :)

Op I hope you find some good apps for your baby :)

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

Toddler lock is fun.. its not special needs per se but my 17 month old LOVES it.. it locks down all the phones buttons so little fingera cant mess anything up or randomly dial people lol its a black screen that you can draw on or tap to ger shapes.. theyre bright neon colors and the sound reminds me of chimes..

Btw <3 Android

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avaandemmasmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:21 AM

BUMP!

two_dark_eyez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:26 AM
Oh duh I also have a bubble app where she can tap to create bubbles then tap them to pop them... She hasn't used it yet though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
two_dark_eyez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:28 AM
This is my first android phone and I haven't even had it a week and I adore android :) I'm so addicted to iMobsters lol

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

Btw <3 Android
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KedrynsMommie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM
OMG imobsters!!! <3 awesomeness.. i need to redownload i lost all my stuff when i broke my other phone :(

Quoting two_dark_eyez:

This is my first android phone and I haven't even had it a week and I adore android :) I'm so addicted to iMobsters lol

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

Btw <3 Android

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KedrynsMommie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Thanks! Its also fun for mom to play too :D

Quoting soon2bmommyof2:

Thanks! I just downloaded it, my dd is going to looove it :)

Op I hope you find some good apps for your baby :)

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

Btw <3 Android

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)