Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lactose Intolerant Child? HELP PLEASE

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:06 AM
  • 2 Replies

I don't know if she is or not so this is my dillema. DD is 18 days old and today I have drank more milk than usual, I'm not supposed to be lactose intolerant myself, but the store was out of lactose free. So she had a feed not long ago, and normally she gets a small amount of wind, however tonight was the worst! I think she screamed for nearly an hour, and no matter how I burped her it just wouldn't really help. Had her on her stomach for a while and after a few fluffies she has settled a little but it will spike back up again. It has never been this bad.

So do you think it could be an intolerance, or just a bad bout of wind? Please help me :(

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:09 AM
I would think its kinda early to tell ... But cut dairy out for a week... And then start it again and see what happens

Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:10 AM

maybe just the more intake of milk did it. when they are that young sometimes tummy aches are common. not necessarily an intolerance....i know my son had a few tummy aches as a newborn, they grow out of it fairly quickly...if it bothers you , just call the dr office and get a question in with the dr or nurse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)