Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fiance got hurt at work today. :(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

My fiance works as an unloader at Walmart. He was pulling a pallet of crates onto the floor (what they call the big huge stockroom in the back of the store) when it slipped and slammed against his leg. It didn't break anything, but it left a gash about two inches long and an inch wide on his leg. 

He didn't bleed real bad, so I didn't think he needed stitches. I just used some butterfly closures, a gauze pad, wrapped some gauze over it to hold the pad in place and put an Ace bandage on top to hold the gauze on. (I don't have any bandage tape, but the ace bandage had those little silver prongs to hold it in place) Oh, and I rinsed it with peroxide and put a triple antibiotic ointment of the gash before I bandaged it all up.

Idiot should have said something to his boss as soon as it happened, but instead he just hiked his sock up over it. -_-

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sarah993
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM
He still needs to report out just to make sure. Although out doesn't seem too serious it is better to go through all the paperwork and have it covered under work comp than to have to fight for it later on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:35 AM

Yea, I know. He JUST got the job, like, last week. So I guess he doesn't want them to think he's clumsy or not careful? -shrugs- He doesn't seem to think things out sometimes...

Quoting Sarah993:

He still needs to report out just to make sure. Although out doesn't seem too serious it is better to go through all the paperwork and have it covered under work comp than to have to fight for it later on.

Lisa_7777
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:36 AM
:-( oh your such a good nurse lol. Aw don't you hate it when they hurt themselves, and they don't clean it people or cover it with anything?! Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:40 AM
My hubby got work (deployed though) yesterday too...well technically the day before yesterday (the first) however..his ncos and him took pictures. LOL he got his head split open by a large piece of metal. And as I'm worried about him, he's proud, because his ncos said he took.it like a champ.

Men. Lol.

But I agree with the pp's. He needs to still let them know at least. I hope he feels better. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)