Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So digusted she is my blood....been bawling all night over this crap...update

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:39 AM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

So last night, I receive a text out of nowhere from my younger sister. She asked if I was busy, I said no and she called me right after. She ran into one of my exes a few weeks ago and asked if I would be bothered if she wanted to be friends with him and that she wouldnt bring him around. At first I was like, "Friends? Then why would you bring him around?" then she starts to try and get information out of me about him. So eventually I just told her flat out that it bothered me. I wouldnt do that to her or any of my other sisters, and I would appreciate it if she didnt do that to me. Then she goes on this rant about how I'm married and don't need to worry about what she does and basically being a huge bitch about it. BTW, I'm preggo now and my hormones are out of control at times...and I seriously started bawling...my husband was about to freak out because how upset I was. Its not over the ex thing...its how she disregarded my hurt feelings. She did the same thing to my older sister, and was even trying to bring her ex to her wedding. I just can't believe I am related to such a person. Then the worst part was she went on a rant attacking my kids out of nowhere....my kids are 5, 3, and 2 and she starts telling me they are so screwed up and going to end up in mental asylums...thats when i lost it....There have been comments before, but that seriously did it for me. It was all over nothing to begin with and I'm to the point where I don't want her around my kids. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? And, btw..my family kinda enables her behavior...'oh thats just how she is' type response.

Ok....Its NOT about the ex...its how she behaved and brought my children into the conversation out of nowhere. Its how she blatantly laughed at me showing discomfort and not being welcoming of the situation. Also, how would my husband feel being around one of my exes...who knows how the ex would act around my husband too! We can't predict other peoples behavior, so why even invite a potential conflict?

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandiii04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this

cut her out of your life.  If you hear the "oh that's just how she is" crap, just say "well, she needs to learn that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It's just a ridiculous excuse for her behavior and I'm done putting up with it."

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mandiii04:

cut her out of your life.  If you hear the "oh that's just how she is" crap, just say "well, she needs to learn that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It's just a ridiculous excuse for her behavior and I'm done putting up with it."

I agree.  There is no excuse for that type of behavior.  None. 

emmy526
by Emmy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mandiii04:

i agree with this..also tell your family to stop making excuses for her, YOU are tired of it, and if they can't stop,, then its really time to distance yourself from them.  They are not doing you any good.  What good does it do you to get caught up in the drama?  Another thought would have been to tell  your sis, "go ahead, date him, you'll see what a jerk he is, and while you are seeing him, you are no longer welcome in my home"...

DCMsMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:46 AM

leave her alone for some time

i know your hurt but at the end of the day she is your sister.

give it some time hope u feeling better though momma (hugs)

ps; i know how  u feel about the whole pregnancy emotions, im the worse lol

SingleMomzRock
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM
I have a brother similar to this - his behavior isn't about dating my exes (that would be awkward)... He's 32, and still lives with my parents. He has NEVER supported himself. My mom cleans up after him, and even co-signed for him to get a new car (my brother is a financial nightmare... And my mother knows it). My parents enable his behavior.

Anyways, I can't stand him. I quit talking to him 2 years ago, aside from a "Hey" at family functions. I know how you feel, to an extent.

I'd like to add that he constantly likes to tell others that they're living their lives wrong, which is a big part of why I can't stand him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this

If you are happily married, why do you care who your ex dates?

CelesteS
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have to cut her from my life. If she wants to bring your ex around to other places then so be i,t but if she tries to bring him to your place then turn her away. Sounds as if she wants attention and lots of it. I agree with mandiii04. If the others get upset with you about it then, then just say "well that's the way I am. No one attacks my kids and gets away with it!"

SingleMomzRock
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's more principle. Family shouldn't behave that way.

Quoting raegansmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Emmy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Quoting raegansmom:

maybe the ex was abusive...i wouldn't want my sis to fall victim to that, but ultimately it is her choice who to be with...

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:50 AM
I agree with this

Quoting Mandiii04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)