Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a freaking wreck lately.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have too much stress. Too much in my personal life. Too much holiday stress. Too much stress related to work.

I just can't give anymore of myself. I feel like a selfish asshole saying that but I can't console anyone. I can't be their strength. I can't be this all powerful mommy, girlfriend, coworker, employee, sister. . . I just can't take anymore.

I've been such an emotional wreck and I haven't been so insecure and so fragile in so long. I'm not quite sure how to handle anything right now. I'm keeping it together for my kids but I secretly break down after they've gone to bed at night.

I'm tired of my family trying to push me to do more. I'm tired of being the only one to step up at work and cover other people's asses when they chronically call out. 11 hr days are so hard on me. I'm tired of acting festive and I refuse to pretend like I want to be part of everyone's happiness.

I've been the happy care free person for so long and no one will accept that I just need some space, some solace, some comfort. I don't know how long I can keep up the charade of strength. I feel very close to overload and I'm just done. I want to hide away in my house and spend some time with ME without other people being hurt and insulted. I need to give something to myself and it feels like I'll be reprimanded if I do so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom0094
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Sorry hope things get better for you ! I'm in the same place right now :( Feel better !!

Wyldbutterfly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I'm so sorry Mama! Is there anyway you can close yourself in the bathroom, soak in the tub with a glass of wine and good book? Even if it's just for an hour? You do need time for yourself!

(INSERT SNOWMOBILING SWEETPEA HERE)
epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Not really. I have no one here to help me. My son hasn't been sleeping well due to teething. He's up every hour or so at night. The sleep deprivation isn't helping at all. . .

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I'm so sorry Mama! Is there anyway you can close yourself in the bathroom, soak in the tub with a glass of wine and good book? Even if it's just for an hour? You do need time for yourself!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Do you have a friend or extended family memeber close by?  If I was close enough I would help you. I know how it feels to be so stressed.

Quoting epoh:

Not really. I have no one here to help me. My son hasn't been sleeping well due to teething. He's up every hour or so at night. The sleep deprivation isn't helping at all. . .

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

beerebelly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Start putting yourself first.  Learn to say no to people.  And feel better : )

epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM
I have my mom but I can't call her for stuff like that. My friend Robbin has been offering to take my kids so I can have me-time but I'm struggling with that. My son doesn't know her and would probably freak if I left him.

I can figure this out, I know I can. I just wish I had some understanding from the people in my life.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Do you have a friend or extended family memeber close by?  If I was close enough I would help you. I know how it feels to be so stressed.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan

Hugs. I've been there. I hope things calm down for you real soon. You need to use the word "NO." I have been using this line lately due to all the stress and everyone wanting something from me. Try this....I'm sorry...that's just not possible. The first time I used it my DH was speechless. He looked at me and said "ugh, okay." Then my son wanted something 10 minutes later and I repeated the same line to him. He just stared at me and said "is that a no?" No one knows how to react to it.

deenakate
Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Maybe if Robin came to your house and sat with him for 20 minutes or so until your son was comfortable, that may help?

Quoting epoh:

I have my mom but I can't call her for stuff like that. My friend Robbin has been offering to take my kids so I can have me-time but I'm struggling with that. My son doesn't know her and would probably freak if I left him.

I can figure this out, I know I can. I just wish I had some understanding from the people in my life.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Yes, it probably would. Thank you. I'll try to get in touch with her later so I can have coffee and sit at the pier and just chill for a few. I really need it so badly.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Maybe if Robin came to your house and sat with him for 20 minutes or so until your son was comfortable, that may help?

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)