Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your parents show affection towards each other? Does that afffect the way we love? POLL

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Did your parents show affection towards one another while you were growing up?

Options:

Yes, my parents did all the time.

Barely ever did I see them show any affection towards each other.

No, not ever.

I grew up in a one parent household.

None of these. EXPLAIN

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

Did your parents show affection towards each other while you were growing up?

Did they hold hands when you went places, or hug kiss each other during the day?

Do you think this affects the way WE love our Boyfriend/Husbands now?

If your parents didn't show much affection towards each other growing up do you have trouble showing your significant other affection?

My parents did not love on each other for the short time I had both of them (my father passed away when I was 6) and I used to have trouble showing my affection.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:27 AM

My parents did, my husband's parents did not (in fact I am not sure they actually love one another) but we both are very affectionate people.

karmasabitch178
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Nope but if you wanted to see a wwe match my house was the place to be. We couldn't even go out without my mom starting stuff with my dad. She still does it and I can't believe they are still married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM

No, they never did. They never loved eachother at all. But my mom was pregnant from the first night they met so getting married was the "right thing to do"
My mom went on to other relationships after they divorced where she showed too much affection in front of us. Made me very uncomfortable.
But DH and I have no problem showing affection in front of DD, but we don't do PDA. That's religious reasons for us though and culture for him and from how I grew up!

K-Chan
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM
My parents didn't but I don't have a problem showing love to dh. I saw that my parents weren't happy and as soon as I finished high school my mom took off without telling anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM
They were divorced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM

i grew up in a one parent household, however my mom did have a serious boyfriend for about half a year or so, he was real nice and sweet to me and my sister, till we moved in as a family....we quickly left one day after about a month or so, lol...but yes there was affection between them, again till we moved in together, lol...and that was the only relationship i rmemeber my mom being in, my dad bounced out the day i was born!

MrS.GiFFord
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM

No but my stepdad liked to beat her up when he was drunk. =/ They used to drink almost every night of the week! When I first married my husband I wasn't big on hugs and kissing but now that we have been together for 7 years we are all over eachother. I love holding his hand and cuddling with him on the couch...our boys get so jealous lol. 

wifeandmomof2.5
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 AM

This is the same reason why my parents got married.  My mom got pregnant and he didnt think we were his until we were born but he married her anyway.  I felt like she was almost happy when he passed away.

Quoting MIA0223:

No, they never did. They never loved eachother at all. But my mom was pregnant from the first night they met so getting married was the "right thing to do"
My mom went on to other relationships after they divorced where she showed too much affection in front of us. Made me very uncomfortable.
But DH and I have no problem showing affection in front of DD, but we don't do PDA. That's religious reasons for us though and culture for him and from how I grew up!

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Awww. I am sorry :(

Quoting wifeandmomof2.5:

This is the same reason why my parents got married.  My mom got pregnant and he didnt think we were his until we were born but he married her anyway.  I felt like she was almost happy when he passed away.

Quoting MIA0223:

wifeandmomof2.5
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:38 AM

lol about your boys.  Just wanted to say I love your picture!!!  Thank you for standing by your man  :) 

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

No but my stepdad liked to beat her up when he was drunk. =/ They used to drink almost every night of the week! When I first married my husband I wasn't big on hugs and kissing but now that we have been together for 7 years we are all over eachother. I love holding his hand and cuddling with him on the couch...our boys get so jealous lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)