Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Made Me Sad

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

IDK why this upset me but it did.

Yesterday at work this guy came through trying to buy laundry detergent. I recognized it as a Never Out (something you don't need to scan the price tag for) so I scanned the bar code instead of looking for a price tag.

Well it rang up $4.75 and he got mad because there was a price sticker that said $3.50. I compared the SKU numbers on the price tag and what my register said and they did not match. I didn't know if he had put that tag there from another item (people do that a lot) so I called for a price check. I am not allowed to just change the price without getting approval. He got mad and demanded his money back and left.

It mad me upset and idk why.

BTW it was sort of our fault, those laundry soap's were not supposed to be $3.50, idk who put the tag there but it was on all of them. Still he wouldn't even let me check, if we would have seen all of them had the same sticker we'd have changed the price to $3.50 for him.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
livmier
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM

some people just over react to things

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

some people just over react and he over reacted

Cassidysmom611
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM

As someone who worked in retail for almost 4 years, you will get rude customers like this all the time. Soon enough it won't bother you. I now do customer service on the phone, and its crazy when people get "phone muscles" and the things they say to you is crazy!! Don't let him get  to you. Also, if all the detergants had the price you guys (the store) should have honored it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)