Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not as much movement.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 37 weeks and for the past few days all the big kicks have slowed and I mainly feel rolling movements.. but they aren't as often. I catch him moving every now and then but I'm just not being kicked non stop anymore. Is this normal? It's been 5 years since I had my daughter and I can't remember. My c section is in 17 days so I'm close to the end.. I hate to worry now after everything has gone so smoothly all this time..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Whenever my kids did this that far into pregnancy it's because they were resting up for the big event. They always came within a few days after activity slowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmamma11
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:19 AM
:) that's not what I want to hear either.. I need these extra few days. He's moving now so I feel a little better. He's just been so active this whole pregnancy that when he slows down it worries me.

Quoting epoh:

Whenever my kids did this that far into pregnancy it's because they were resting up for the big event. They always came within a few days after activity slowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I believe they also slow down as they run out of room.  You can drink a glass of orange juice and see if that wakes him up a bit.  If you are very concerned then just call your doc and let them do a quick ultrasound on you.  I had to have that done with one of mine who apparently decided she was just going to rest a few days!  Her few days of resting earned me 2 weeks of enforced bedrest :o)

BeAmour
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM
They begin to slow down the farther you get, if you're genuinely concerned please call your OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Baby's just squished, along with all your innards lol. If you still feel the rolls, I'd say everything's ok, but if you're concerned definitely go into L&D. We have instincts for a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmamma11
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM
My next Dr. Appointment I have an ultrasound scheduled just for measuring purposes. I'm sure everything is okay Its just weird because of how active he's been this whole pregnancy. Im pretty small so I can understand him not having any more room to move as much.

Quoting momof6nokc:

I believe they also slow down as they run out of room.  You can drink a glass of orange juice and see if that wakes him up a bit.  If you are very concerned then just call your doc and let them do a quick ultrasound on you.  I had to have that done with one of mine who apparently decided she was just going to rest a few days!  Her few days of resting earned me 2 weeks of enforced bedrest :o)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)