Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I feel so guilty? Long..

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

So I went out with a friend last night, I grew up with her. She's pregnant with her 2nd child and doesn't have a vehicle right now. She had asked me to bring her to walmart to get decorations and her christmas tree. So, when my husband got home from work..I went out.

I was gone from like 8:30 to midnight. We went shopping and out to dinner. We stopped at her house for a little bit as well. I haven't had a break from home life, or gone out with any friends in months. It felt good and I had fun.

When I got home, my husband and kids were passed out on the couch. All the lights were on in the house, the christmas tree was still lit, the tv on, our dog was still in the living room and not in his cage/bed. I walked in the house..I woke my husband up and said,

Me: "hey whats going on, why are all the lights on and the dog still out"

Hubby: "sorry we fell asleep.."

Me: Okay well I'll put the kids in their beds, can you go around and turn the lights off and put the dog in his area?

Hubby: No, you can do all that since you decided to go out the minute I got home" Than he layed back down on the couch and went back to sleep.

O.o

I didnt say anything, I just put the kids in their beds, turned all the lights off, put the dog in his area, changed and went in my room to text my friend that I just went out with, to tell her what just happened. He comes back into our room, shuts the door and goes...

Hubby: I don't know why you do things for other people when no one ever helps us

Me: I did it cause she has no one to help her, she has no vehicle, her boyfriend is an asshole. I'm just that kind of person, I grew up with her, I love her and wanted to help her.

Hubby: You didn't have to go out the minute I walked into the door from work

Me: It's not my fault you work 9 am to 8 pm every night. If I went out like an hour or so after you got home I wouldn't of got home till 1 am or so and I have to get up with the kids in the morning for you to go to work for 9 am.

Hubby: Whatever, hope you had fun and it was worth it.

WTF.... He was the one that TOLD me yes, go out babe since you don't go out that often cause of my work schedule.

Why do I feel so guilty that I went then? :-(

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CanInTex
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM
If you don't do this every night, you shouldn't feel guilty. Sounds like he's just being bitchy. I'm sorry he rained on your good night out. Maybe it'll be forgotten today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalibuMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My boyfriend does the same thing. :/ but when HE wants to go out, it's fine and I shouldn't say anything. I fucking hate the double standard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallxMexMama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM

No, it's not every night. Hubby works those hours 6 days a week,. I don't have the time or the energy. I haven't been out with a friend or him alone with no kids, in months. I think the last time was during the summer.

Quoting CanInTex:

If you don't do this every night, you shouldn't feel guilty. Sounds like he's just being bitchy. I'm sorry he rained on your good night out. Maybe it'll be forgotten today.

CallxMexMama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Exactly! But he has no problem leaving me with the kids every sunday to go play football with his friends.

Quoting MalibuMommy:

My boyfriend does the same thing. :/ but when HE wants to go out, it's fine and I shouldn't say anything. I fucking hate the double standard.

.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Your husband sounds like a jerk. You don't do good things for the reward, you do them because it's right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

STOP FEELING GUILTY RIGHT THIS MINUTE ! Everyone is entitled to time away from the family. There was no reason for him not to handle the kids, the dog or the house. You two are a team. He isn't being much of a team player. He is being selfish esp his comment. He is going to Punish you for going out? Tell him he needs to gorw up. Also tell him you enjoy seeing your friend  , to you it isn't about driving her or helpig her its about spending time with her. Hugs momma he was very wrong IMHO.

Bknotnobody
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Meh. Don't worry about it. He sounds like a jerk. As it is you don't do it often etc. However maybe next time just check in like send a text and let him know you're okay? Maybe he was worried? Idk. Or he just has a double standard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trackerchick
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Did you tell him you would be gone that long?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Maybe you should have waited the hour and came home later,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallxMexMama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Thank you mama. Your definantly making me feel better. <3

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

STOP FEELING GUILTY RIGHT THIS MINUTE ! Everyone is entitled to time away from the family. There was no reason for him not to handle the kids, the dog or the house. You two are a team. He isn't being much of a team player. He is being selfish esp his comment. He is going to Punish you for going out? Tell him he needs to gorw up. Also tell him you enjoy seeing your friend  , to you it isn't about driving her or helpig her its about spending time with her. Hugs momma he was very wrong IMHO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)