Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with him? Small Update...Another Update

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM
  • 329 Replies

**Update 2. We kept him home from school today because there was no change. I said that I would only allow him to go if it looked better. I still believe it is psoriasis (just a bad flare up) but I think the dose the gave us to give him is not strong enough. I will be taking him to Children's later this evening (same hospital his derm works at). He is still not in any pain at all and not showing anything reason to be extremely concerned. I was at first because I did not know that psoriasis could flare up over night like that. After talking to the first doctor and reading some of the replies I am confident that that is what it is.

**Update. He had his second dose of prednisone yesterday and this morning it is looking a little better. It is much pinker and is starting to peel. He will have another dose at 5 pm today and in the morning we will decide whether he is going to school or to a different doc depending on how it looks. The first doc does not believe that it is contagious, he was positive of that, he just didn't know exactly what it was because he is not a trained dermatologist.

My son broke out in spots yesterday on his back and face mostly and no ones seems to know what it is. He has a history of psoriasis but mostly just around his groin area. I took him to the ER yesterday and they told me they had no idea and gave him predinisone to "see if it helps. Today he wakes up and they are everywhere. He is covered from head to toe. They are itchy but not painful. He is used to being itchy alot because of his psoriasis. He doesn't seemed to be bothered by them and has no other symptoms. I am going to try the prednisone for another day or 2 and if no change I will take him to another doctor. WTF is wrong with him though? I have no pictures right now but I will try to get some if I can.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Pics would really be helpful.

Any cold symptoms? Has he been sick at all in the last two weeks? Are the spots red, skin colored, pink, clear? Raised or flat? Clustered or spread out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Are the spots in his mouth at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacam7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM

They are little red raised spots that have gotten so bad that they have clustered in some places. He has had no other symptoms other than itchiness.

Quoting epoh:

Any cold symptoms? Has he been sick at all in the last two weeks? Are the spots red, skin colored, pink, clear? Raised or flat? Clustered or spread out?

mamacam7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM

no

Quoting epoh:

Are the spots in his mouth at all?

epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Could it be allergic reaction?

My first thought was excema or the psoriasis. But if it cropped up everywhere overnight I'm not sure that's it.

Quoting mamacam7:

They are little red raised spots that have gotten so bad that they have clustered in some places. He has had no other symptoms other than itchiness.

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacam7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I tried to get some pictures with my webcam but it is too dark so I have to ask hubby to use his phone and hope he knows where the cord is to download them on the comp.

epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
It probably wouldn't be chicken pox if it's clustered and with no cold or fever prior to the breakout.

Quoting bill101:

its just chicken pokes no big deal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM
If you're doing it via mobile you can email the pics to your account and upload them that way.

Quoting mamacam7:

I tried to get some pictures with my webcam but it is too dark so I have to ask hubby to use his phone and hope he knows where the cord is to download them on the comp.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacam7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

They gave him prednisone, he has only had one dose so far but it got worse. I am going to try it today and tomorrow and if there is no change I am taking him to another doc.

Quoting epoh:

Could it be allergic reaction?

My first thought was excema or the psoriasis. But if it cropped up everywhere overnight I'm not sure that's it.

Quoting mamacam7:

Quoting epoh:

JT32606_
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Chicken pox.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)