Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so sick by this and my heart is broken :(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 81 Replies

Last night, My DD who is 8 came to me and told me about a bullying incident. There has been these two girls bullying her since kindergarten and its getting worse and worse.

This particular incident was especially disturbing. These two girls wrote her a note and made sure it got to her.it was a DEATH THREAT. (I know! In the 3rd grade>?!?!?!) It said, "You have 24 hours to live! you have 24 hrs to live! Soon, a hunting knife will be stuck in your back"

My daughter said she was so scared she ran to the bathroom and cried. She said she didn't feel safe at school anymore.

I asked her if she told anyone about it and she said she had told a 5th grade teacher who was on the playground. The teacher said he would do something about it and never did.

Then she told the school counselor, who happens to know one of the girls who did this to her well (she is in with the counselor all the time apparently) and the counselor said, "I don't think she would do this. Its doesn't sound like her." BS! I have seen this little brat in action! I chaperoned a field trip last year and she was being bossy, bratty and mean to the other kids, but around adults, she was sweet as pie and even helpful. She is a master manipulator.The worst part was her mother was also chaperoning the field trip as well and did nothing about the bullying, just completely ignored it.

This note incident happened almost 2 weeks ago & I am just hearing about it now because DD said she was afraid to tell me because she was worried I wouldn't believe her because the other adults didn't. She also told me that these two girls whisper "loser" as my DD when passing her in the halls.

I am going to the school first thing Monday morning and talking to them. This is unacceptable.

My heart just breaks for DD. I can't imagine how scary that was and how miserable she must be at school.

EDIT: The note was handed back to DD and she threw it away. She said she didn't want it near her and she didn't think to keep it. So now it is her words against thiers.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM
3 moms liked this

GO TO THE POLICE.

epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Speak with the principal. if that doesn't help take it to the school board. Make sure you have the names of the teachers she reported it to.

What did she do with the note?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Somewoman.on.cm
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Does she have the note still?

Take it to the police and have those girls arrested.

kjbennett26
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM

All hell would beake loose!!!  I would take up all the way if I had to!  Good luck.  I hope your DD can feel safe again.

Somewoman.on.cm
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

"I don't think she would do this. Its doesn't sound like her." 

That tells me the school is going to do nothing, go to the police.

lisairv
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM
So sorry your dd is going through this! Bullying really needs to stop. The sad thing is bullies grow up to be bullies and teach their own kids to bully. It's a non-stop cycle. I hope you make sure the school knows. Take them the note. Good luck and tell your dd to try to act like it doesn't bother her .....maybe they will stop.

kayandjsmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Wow, I hope things get handled. Sorry that your dd is going through this.

aka_speezolove
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Quoting epoh:

Speak with the principal. if that doesn't help take it to the school board. Make sure you have the names of the teachers she reported it to.

What did she do with the note?

She said the teacher handed the note back to her and she ripped it up and threw it in the garbage. She siad she didn't want it anywhere near her :(

I told her if something like that happens with the bullying that she had physical proof on, she needs to keep it and show it to me.

She said she was sorry for throwing it away. I told her there was nothing to be sorry about, she didn't know.

DenaelesMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM

GO THE POLICE.....IF THIS CHILD IS 8 YEARS OLD OR OLDER SHE CAN POSSIBLY BE ARRESTED AND SENT TO JUVENILE DETENTION. IF THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR THIS CHILD THEY MIGHT REQUIRE MORE BE DONE FOR HER THAN WHAT THE PARENTS ARE DOING OR WOULD ALLOW. THIS CHILDS BEHAVIOR IS ESCALATING AND THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING! IF ALL ELSE FAILS DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MOVE YOUR CHILD TO ANOTHER SCHOOL AND GO TO THE SCHOOLBOARD!

lovinglife0682
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Quoting futureshock:

GO TO THE POLICE.

I agree. Bully is getting out of control.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)