Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the Athiests - - - -

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you really Feel Nothing?

If someone was to ask you what you felt in your spiritual soul, would you say you have no spiritual soul?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Hmm...There is an atheist I work with, maybe I will ask her on Monday.

I am not an atheist, more of an agnostic so this doesn't really apply to me. But I will bump it for you!

Katenemsmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM
8 moms liked this
Empathy, compassion, conscience is part of basic human biology. Of course I have those traits that are associated with our soul. I simply do not believe that someone is controlling it all and will make it all better if I just pray hard enough. When times are tough I rely and talk to my loved ones. Just because I do not believe in something does not mean that I am not awed by a beautiful sunset or new life. I just understand that those things happened by chance, not design. Which to me is even more amazing than someone planning it all out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Ditto this.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Empathy, compassion, conscience is part of basic human biology. Of course I have those traits that are associated with our soul. I simply do not believe that someone is controlling it all and will make it all better if I just pray hard enough. When times are tough I rely and talk to my loved ones. Just because I do not believe in something does not mean that I am not awed by a beautiful sunset or new life. I just understand that those things happened by chance, not design. Which to me is even more amazing than someone planning it all out.

lovinlife13
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Couldn't have said it better

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sanctimommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Could you be more specific? I lack the faith sufficient to call myself religious. I find spiritual comfort in many different settings and situations: a museum, a library, a beach, my children and grandchildren.

Somewoman.on.cm
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I don't mean that, I agree , of course those are just human...

I mean, when you are standing watching that sunset, do you ever feel like there is something more than what we know as fact in this life?

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Buggy979
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Ditto.... Couldn't have said it any better

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I am spiritual I just don't believe in God. I feel that the Universe is so much more complicated than to be easily explained by one God. I feel plenty and to be honest people in my life don't ask about it. I respect the spiritual/religouse views of everyone around me and a funny thing happens, people respect my views too. I participate in all of my friends life events too. So if there is a funeral service in a cathedral or a baptism in a church I attend and am always moved by the compassion and dedication of those present.

Anyway I am rambling. Many people on here have a lot of assumptions about what Athiests must feel or believe. I actually feel that not following any religion allows me to move freely in my life living by my own ethics and morals which is very high. I don't feel entitled to discriminate, look down on others or judge people so harshly.
Somewoman.on.cm
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Could you be more specific? I lack the faith sufficient to call myself religious. I find spiritual comfort in many different settings and situations: a museum, a library, a beach, my children and grandchildren.

that exactly!

that's all I mean, can you feel that there is anything, or do you always feel...I don't know... I don't even know the right words for what I mean I guess....

Photobucket

LoriLou75
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Define "Spiritual Soul" please.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)