Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rude cashier at walmart

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM
  • 12 Replies
I was at Walmart and was in checkout lane. Didn't have a separator so I pushed my items back a bit. He goes I know where the line is no need push them back. I didn't say a word but gave go to help look he stfu. If he said another smartest word I asked for a manager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twin66
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM
I used ti be a cashier at a couple of grocery stores when my sons were younger, and really, it is the cashier's job to be polite and offer a nicer comment than that! If there isn't a divider, I look under the area, and where the cashier is standing, as sometimes those things get knocked onto floor where we can't see them. If he had of said that to me, I would have told him that as a former caahier, I know that was rude, and ask if he would take time to find a divider for his register belt for me. I had to report a cashier at Walmart once when I asked if she could please put the paper bag inside the plastic bag and then put my cold items inside. She said" I don't have time for that" and I politely let her know that as a cashier myself that was rude, and if a customer ask, then the cashier should politely make effort to do as asked,especially since other previous cashiers nevr h ave a problem doing this. She smarted of in words I won't repeat. She was nice to the people behind me because she was( forgive me for saying this) African American and they were as well. But she started out being rude as well to me. This Christmas season, don't be afraid to ask for something, or to tell a cashier they are being rude and they shouldn't take their attitude about working out on you. Good luck!
haleyleedy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
That's rude lol. Over reaction much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I would have to hear the tone to decide if I thought it was rude. The words themselves wouldn't have bothered me.

audra1010
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM

people are so rude nowadays.

AF2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:05 AM
I'm a cashier and I would never talk to anyone like that. I hate when they're rude. I had the rudest lady taking our order at taco bell that I left without finishing my order and I told the manger she was just rude not only to us but the people before us..this guy in front of us card didn't go through she yelled to him 'your card got declined' he said something and she shock her head and was like 'its not my fault you don't have any money. But little did she know he actually did have a lot of money. Ugh people those days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnhimai
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM

oh, geez.

vicki77433
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like he was trying to save you a bit of work.  You sound like you completely overreacted.

RedMomma4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM
I'm not big on reporting people for minor things like this. Was he rude? Probably but I wouldn't want to risk someone's job especially this time of year over something like this. Maybe he was having a bad day or has had to deal with rude customers all day. This holiday season seems to bring the worst out of people when it comes to shopping and the cashiers take the brunt of it. I agree with just ignoring it and moving on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Quoting vicki77433:

It sounds like he was trying to save you a bit of work.  You sound like you completely overreacted.

Yep!

mes_deux_amours
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM
I'm not sure what was rude about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)