Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Got Fired...Help Me Make Christmas! ****UPDATE****~****UPDATE 2****

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:36 AM
  • 79 Replies

UPDATE 12/08
I GOT A NEW JOB!! I just got off the phone with the lady over the accounting department of our local newspaper! Starting on Tuesday, I'll be the accounting clerk, handling the billing of subscriptions, ads, and inserts. It's only part time, but my husband and I decided that would be absolutely perfect for us, because our youngest will only be in daycare part time now, our older 2 not at all and we can afford for them to particpate in after school activities. I'm SUPER excited to start!

I got fired from my job on Wednesday for a BS reason. Basically, she gave me until the end of the month to collect on money owed to us from customer's the girl before me signed up. Problem is, she knew these people personally and was going to leave the job, so she had them come in and gave them loans, knowing they didn't have a job and told them to give false addresses and phone numbers. We were owed roughly $10,000 (pay day loan place). Because they don't work, there isn't a lot we can do about it. I couldn't find these people and over the course of the 3 months I was there, due to changes in procedures, we had a few other's go bad. I didn't collect on the money, so she fired me.

We have some things we'd already bought and some things that are in layaway, but we still owe about $250 on that.

Any one have any ideas on ways I can come up with money before the 16th, which is when it is due out? My husband works, but his paycheck has to pay the bills and we can't get anyone to loan it to us.

****UPDATE****

Okay, so DH and I talked about it and decided to cancel the layaway and use the money we had paid in to buy the older two used DSi games. Then, we decided to take our Wii, that we never use and the games and trade them in for store credit. Doing this has allowed us to do so much more than we'd thought we'd get to! I'm happy with the decision!

in loveamerican footballhula hooptoddler girlcat

Married to the love of my life and raising 3 amazing kiddos and 1 awesome furbaby. My life couldn't get any better than this.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjCeCeMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Sell your TV? Computer? Old toys?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
You can clean houses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffirsttimemommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:38 AM
I'm sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris_81
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Can you pawn anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
How much have you paid on the stuff on lawaway? Maybe take a loss and just give them what you already bought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassyscorpio85
I say sell or pawn what ever you have extra
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids

LOL.. this is a joke right?

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Sell your TV? Computer? Old toys?

..guesswho..
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Find a corner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Can you just get the money you already paid towards layaway back? Or do you lose it if not paid by the deadline?

I'm sorry about your job. Sounds like your boss needed a scapegoat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)