Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious question for people who don't believe it God

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 131 Replies
4 moms liked this
I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything. I'm in all honesty jusf curious, in every sense of the word, why it is you don't believe in a creator? I mean the thing that's always made me sway more towards God is the complexity of everything. I mean just the way the human body, or any body for that matter, is put together is SO complex it's amazing. Even how plants and air and just everything! It's put together so perfectly! And my problem with the big bang theory is to me it doesn't allow any room for possible error. I mean what are the chances that a fish just formed flawlessy? I mean how did it for perfectly out of dust? For me everything is so perfectly intertwined that there HAS to be a creator! And where did the dust come from for the big bang come from? Again in all honesty I'm NOT trying to pick a fight. I just wanna know why you don't believe is all. So please be NICE :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a Christian and bumping to see what kind of answers you get

cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

I'm a Christian and bumping to see what kind of answers you get

myrandabrown13
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM
bump im curous to see replies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe in a nature based spirituality, not a "creator". It's hard for me to think there is a creator because it leads to more questions. Like is it a "creator" of only this world? What about other worlds? Other beings on other planets? .....and the list goes on.

jessie82087
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM
12 moms liked this

No offense, but you obviously don't understand the scientific explanations, which is why it doesn't make sense to you. A fish DIDN'T just form perfectly out of nothing. It EVOLVED into what it is today. Just the same way humans did (from apes).

I believe in a higher being (not the Christian God). I don't believe in creation though. I believe in the scientific explanations for how our world came to be. I've done a lot of research on it (and even my Catholic high school taught me a lot about it). It just makes more sense to me than the theory that some being magically created us out of thin air.

I could say the same thing of your beliefs that you say of mine-they don't make sense logically. If God created Adam and Eve, and that was it in terms of humans, we'd all be pretty fucked up today with all the inbreeding and incest.

jj_bmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM
What do you mean nature based?

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I believe in a nature based spirituality, not a "creator". It's hard for me to think there is a creator because it leads to more questions. Like is it a "creator" of only this world? What about other worlds? Other beings on other planets? .....and the list goes on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM

That everything in nature is connected in a neverending circle.

Quoting jj_bmom:

What do you mean nature based?

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I agree except I do not believe in any kind of higher being or god.

Quoting jessie82087:

No offense, but you obviously don't understand the scientific explanations, which is why it doesn't make sense to you. A fish DIDN'T just form perfectly out of nothing. It EVOLVED into what it is today. Just the same way humans did (from apes).

I believe in a higher being (not the Christian God). I don't believe in creation though. I believe in the scientific explanations for how our world came to be. I've done a lot of research on it (and even my Catholic high school taught me a lot about it). It just makes more sense to me than the theory that some being magically created us out of thin air.

I could say the same thing of your beliefs that you say of mine-they don't make sense logically. If God created Adam and Eve, and that was it in terms of humans, we'd all be pretty fucked up today with all the inbreeding and incest.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

jj_bmom
I just don't get how if somethimg evolved from an organism (that is what it came from right?) hoe that organism(or whatever it was) evolved into some many things. You know what I mean? And if things do evolve like the "apes" did then how come things don't continue to eventually evolve into things like humans? That's what I can't wrap my head around. LOL I've wondered about the incest thing too haha

Quoting jessie82087:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OutlawMUA
Me too

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

I agree except I do not believe in any kind of higher being or god.

Quoting jessie82087:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)