Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just wow ...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 19 Replies
When I was in high-school I dated this guy for a little over a year.we had a pregnancy scare and as soon as it came back that I wasn't pregnant and it was a horomone disorder... he broke up with me. It freaked him out.. hell it freaked me out.

He started dating another girl and she did get pregnant within 4 months of our breakup...

3 years later I was visiting a friend in another state she had went to high-school with us. She convinced me to get in touch with him. He was a single dad.. I was a single mom. He lived 10 minutes from me. We went out a few times and decided that it wasn't going to work out.

We remained friends. He got back together with his ex ( mother of his child) and she has two more kids by two more guys. He is now the father figure to these two children.

He's a good gut.. works hard studies hard makes it possible for her to be a stay at home mom etc.

Yesterday he posts on Facebook that he mosses high-school and everyone from high-school. I liked it and commented that we should get together with his girlfriend and my husband...

Today he posts that everyone he knows is married... she comments if your so jealous you know what to do...

He then posts a new status that says 3/15/2005 I made the biggest mistake of my life. She comments.. what is that?

I know what that was... its the day he broke up with me.

He sends me a message and all it says is the one that got away.. she sent me a message and asked if I would cut ties with him because his longing for me is effecting their relationship...

On one hand I think I should. Dh was no help he told me to only consider our friendship not their relationship

I don't think he's longing for me... I think he's longing for what we had before the pregnancy scare. . Carefree no job no responsibilies just high school fun...

She wasn't bitchy about it.. she was sincere...

What should I do? Should I cut ties? Or should I keep the friendship because he's a really good friend..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Cut ties - you have no investment in this guy - she does. just walk away.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:44 PM

If he's a good friend, I'd leave it that way. You don't owe the other woman anything.

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Its not your fault that your friendship is effecting their relationship. If she is petty enough to let it get in the way, then they have a problem with their relationship. You need to talk to him, flat out. And see what he thinks about it. 

christina0607
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:47 PM

This sounds like a whole lot of crazy. I would exit the picture, immediately.

juicebox.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Cut ties.  Let them work it out.  Their relationship is already in trouble, it has nothing to do with you, but still.  I'd cut ties and let them work it out not involving you.

CallxMexMama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I wouldn't cut ties. Yes, she was sincere about it but if it's not you, it's going to be somebody else's friendship with him. She cant keep pushing people out of his life cause of their relationship. You had a thing before but it didnt work and now your friends. Nothing more.

epoh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Cut ties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Thats my anniversary :) sorry no advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamianaFire
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:53 PM
If you and your man were having problems and there was a woman 'friend' talking to him. Would you want her to back off? Would you want her to give you and your man time to work through things?
Be respectful of what they are trying to do. After they work it out, you can still be friends but cut ties for now. Give them a chance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:54 PM

yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)