Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so bad for her :(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

I love my MIL and we get along great...well her and DH roger  moved in with rogers  mom and brother to help them out fianacally.. She is so miserable there. If she didnt love her dh so much she would have been gone a long time ago. she gets berated like a little child and told she isnt doing enough. this morning she got told to keep quiet when she laughed too loud (she is partially deaf) at a movie and got chewed out because she did the dishwasher wrong. she loves christmas and decorating but since she isnt in her own home she cannot decorate at all and is so depressed about it and her baby my SIL who is 21 moved away to arizona. I wish there was something i could do for her

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sharon300
by Sharon on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM

That is sad. Maybe take her out to eat or to the movies.

lv.42.dy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM
I would have a serious talk with my husband and look for our own place. This family sounds toxic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:56 PM

If Roger isn't standing up for her, he's a jerk and a coward.  She needs to tell Roger exactly how she feels and if he won't do anything, can she spend the holidays with you?

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:59 PM

he does stand up to her to an certtain extent. and he has said (after the last big blow up) that she is truly unhappy that they would find a place of their own...but she doesnt wnat to make waves. I told her she is more than welcomed to come over and visit and her mom has told her the same thing. and now Rober might be using her car to take it to work because his is going out

Quoting coolmommy2x:

If Roger isn't standing up for her, he's a jerk and a coward.  She needs to tell Roger exactly how she feels and if he won't do anything, can she spend the holidays with you?

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I cant afford that but we live only fen miles away and i told her she is more than welcomed whenever

Quoting Sharon300:

That is sad. Maybe take her out to eat or to the movies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)