Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 year old kiss another...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was thinking about how many law suits, (I recall reading about two) from parents because their five year old was kissed at school.
What I find ironic and funny is I was kissed by a boy at 5 and in return I pushed him. Want to know who had to sit down for resecess.....

Both of us. That is all that happened, no law suit, no big drama, no I am scared for life. It was the class bully who kissed me, he had a crush on me until 3rd grade and would try to kiss me or sit next to me until then. He never did kiss me again. I find it now funny and cute, then annoying but dealable. The point of this post....do you think parents now are too up tight about that stuff.

Oh and before anyone pulls the sexually abuse card on the poor boy. I kissed a boy at 4.(different boy) cause I thought that is how you get pregnant and I wanted my own baby not a doll. When I found out how babies were really made I then wanted to adopted...lol. I wasnt sexually abused just obsessed with babies....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Very true. I am scared for my sons to go to school. My oldest has some problems and likes to touch people (tug their ears, touch their face, pet them). It isnt inappropriate, buy people freak out over a lot now. Some have good reason too, but not all.

Your story about kissing for babies made me giggle. Sad part I.knew a teen girl in hs who thought that. She.freaked when a guy kissed her on a dare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Well, I do agree that parents take things way to far these day.

But, I think it's very important to teach kids about personal spaces and the reason we don't invade others. This is certainly something that can be taught a 5yo.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

well said. i agree. it is one reason i homeschool. my DD got in trouble in kindergardn for asking her friends if they can bring thier squirt guns to school. the school staff made it sound lik she was ordering the other kids to bring REAL guns to school!!

schools are way too out of control 

cutebaby06
by Monica on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I agree,a boy kissed Marissa at school on the check,and said he was going to miss her,I thought it was kind of cute,she was blushing when she told me.I didn't freak oout and emend the boy be removed.

DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM
It is ridiculous how schools are nowadays... when I was about 8 or so a boy kissed me and I was PISSED I grabbed him by the ear and twisted it lol.. we both got in trouble and I had to apologise to him... I guess I felt threatened? But still his parents didn't have a cow... I guess that was a long time ago though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM
I agree a kiss is natural we all kiss friends and family and that is how we raise our kids. In some cultures they kiss every time they say hi or goodbye even to strangers. Ppl need to get threir panties out of a twist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I do think that's a little silly to get lawsuit happy about.

lavybunch
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:46 PM

My son is very affectionate and loves to give love. We are always hugging and kissing our kids. I was picking him up after school one day and he tried to give his friend a hug and kiss goodbye, I was shocked as was the other boys mom. I had to explain to him that we don't kiss our friends goodbye, he can give him a high-five or a hug if the other boy is ok with it.  Thank goodness the other mom was ok with what happened and we giggled about it later. The situation could have turned out a lot worse.

snowpeasmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM
I have had to say this to my four year old because he was doing the samething to his cousin.

Which makes me nervous for school age, that he might slip up and then...

Quoting lavybunch:

My son is very affectionate and loves to give love. We are always hugging and kissing our kids. I was picking him up after school one day and he tried to give his friend a hug and kiss goodbye, I was shocked as was the other boys mom. I had to explain to him that we don't kiss our friends goodbye, he can give him a high-five or a hug if the other boy is ok with it.  Thank goodness the other mom was ok with what happened and we giggled about it later. The situation could have turned out a lot worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hotmama83227
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM

that's insane. my son's school called me saying he was on the verge of being suspended for "sexual harassment." he was 8 or 9 at the time. you know what he did? he wrote "i love haileigh" on his hand. and she saw it. then she told her teacher it made her so uncomfortable she didn't want to be in class with him. true f-ing story...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)