Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Ever Want to Tell People...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you ever just want to tell people, "I don't think God reads facebook."  I'm not anti-religion & I do believe in God.  I do NOT,however, think that he spends his days cruising facebook answering people's e-prayers.  Or giving them bonus points into heaven for posting scriptures on their walls.  Just some of my randomness for today.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ColorMeCrazy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Most Christians believe that God knows/sees all, which is probably why they praise Him everywhere.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Ppl find peace and comfort in different things. If that's what they want to do, that's their prerogative. I have no issues with it. 

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

For those people, God is everywhere.  Even Facebook.  Posting on FB, just like saying it aloud, is an outward show of inner faith.  It's sharing the faith with others.  Both are things that God loves.  I can tell you that it's not done to score bonus points with God, it's what they feel led to do.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

crazymom21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
No but the ones about reposting and denying God get on my nerves. You ask me in person or directly I will not deny him but just because I read your statues and don't repost DOESN'T mean I am denying him. I keep it to myself though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM

HAHA LOVE THIS.

hautemama83
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Agree

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Ppl find peace and comfort in different things. If that's what they want to do, that's their prerogative. I have no issues with it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM

He already knows what you're going to post before you do anyway...

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Quoting crazymom21:

No but the ones about reposting and denying God get on my nerves. You ask me in person or directly I will not deny him but just because I read your statues and don't repost DOESN'T mean I am denying him. I keep it to myself though lol

Yea, I don't like those "now lets see how many repost" things.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)