Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God and Evolution

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

For the longest time I really truly didnt believe in God. He didnt seem real to me. My life had been shit. It still is pretty rough, but I have alot of positive things too (thats another story!) Anyways I believe in him now. 

It seems like people  either believe in God or  believe in Evolution.  We are either swayed by personal faith, or by science. Neither side can prove without a doubt 100% that there is or isnt a God. Personally I was convinced through love and an experience while protecting my children (another story)

What if its both? What if God was just crafty and used Evolution? Its obvious the earth takes care of itself. And there is just such amazingness, creativity, love and so on in the world by us humans... Maybe God is creative too?  IDK, just a thought. Not to stir up the pot or anything. Just a thought because im home alone for once and im BORED! So my obsessive mind is in hyper drive. 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieMcD
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Many people believe in both God and Evolution. The two are not mutually exclusive. Some, like me, believe in many Gods, AND Evolution, with no creation at all. 

Faith is an interesting thing, isn't it? 

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I believe in evolution and creation together.Have for many years.Creation alone does not explain anything and evolution alone does not explain much more.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I believe that things evolve, it's just the very beginning that I disagree with.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

GetTheDuctTape
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Check out Hugh Ross' site www.reasons.org

Susan0805
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM
I believe in god, creationalism, and evolution to some extent. God made intelligent creatures and beings capable of adaption. IMHO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I have wondered the same thing

Roo1234
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM
I believe in both, I really don't think that belief in one excludes the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof52011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Pretty much everyone I know believes in God and evolution.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM
That's what I said! Why not both?! *smiles a little bit*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM
I believe that G-d is not limited by 24-hour days as humans are. I believe He created everything - but his 'Days' likely lasted millions of 'our' years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)