Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh my weird lil 9 year old!! Help with Christmas!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
My daughter is 9 and so far I have bought a few outfits but that's it! I have no clue what to get her. She is not into Justin bieber or any of that stuff. She doesn't play with dolls. She likes computer games but already had a ds. Her father (always has to one up me) got her an iPod and a ride on scooter thing. I'm so lost. Any suggestion?????? She's not like most girls. Shes kind of a Tom boy but not too too boyish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you just ask her to make a list of 5-10 things she wants and pick from it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM
ummmm, all i got is boys,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trackerchick
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM
My daughter is the same way! Luckily, she does like things such as LPS and art kits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gregsgrl04
Trampoline?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitleypittman

this. my mom did it with me and my stepbrothers every year.

Quoting Fields456:

Why don't you just ask her to make a list of 5-10 things she wants and pick from it

snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM

My dd is similar, however she likes arts stuff and also is wanting a fish tank to breed mollies in so I got her that and all these pieces to it and wrapped them all seperately.

HoosierNative
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Why don't you get her one of those crayola art centers? My kids love those. My daughter is seven my twins are 8 and they just love to draw. Maybe buy her "crafty" stuff like that. You said she doesn't like justin bieber, but what about another band or musical artist? Umm...how about a hamster??(too much perhaps?? LOLL) or one of those small 25 gallon fish tanks to put on her bedroom dresser? That's all I can come up with at the moment. 

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Does she like sports teams/movies/plays - you can get her season tickets or passes to things like that.  If she has an ipod, you can get her an itunes gift card/ipod case/better ear phones.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM

My parents gave up and had me write up a list...

hotmama83227
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM

what about craft stuff?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)