Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone's c section wound reopened?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 40 Replies
What was your experience. I have a small hole - less than 1cm. It is weeping a lot. I have been to the dr who has taken swabs for infection. I am on antibiotics and he wants to see if it will heal by itself, but I must admit I am a bit frightened by it all. It hurts going from lying down on my back (which I have to do as I have to let air get to it every 3 hrs for 30 mins) and coughing really hurts. It does feel like I am going to come undone.

Has anyone had this happen? Did it heal by itself? Did u need restitching? If so, what was that procedure like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Yikes that does not sound normal at all. I had two sections but they never did that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

not yet. but mine is only 4 months old

SevysMomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Mine never did but I think I would want stitches! No point in letting an open wound, especially one so delicate to just be out there in the open and hoping for it to close! Good luck!

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM
mine did and it just healed on its own .i think its cause the dr didnt use staples
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karmasabitch178
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Nope never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Yes I had the exact same thing happen with my first c-section and ended up back in the hospital for over two weeks because of the infection in it.  thats why they open from my experience( horrible!!)  I actually pressed down on my tummy on either side of the opening and got what looked like cream out of the hole  I know YUK!!!

mum23beauties
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I had the operation just over a week ago.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

not yet. but mine is only 4 months old

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mum23beauties
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM
This is my 3rd one and they used dissolvable ones. I think they should've used something more substantial.

Quoting allycally:

mine did and it just healed on its own .i think its cause the dr didnt use staples

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ronique1989
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Yes. The doctor took my staples out too soon. It healed on its own with the help of my MIL tending to it. Love her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Scary...I keep praying I wont need one. It scares the shit outta me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)