Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Um...holy moly...Never done this before, but...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:13 PM
  • 30 Replies

My kids stayed at their nana's house last night because I had school early this morning. This morning, when I went to pick them up, I noticed my son's upper lip was swollen. I actually laughed at first because I thought he had an orange peel or something in his mouth- he looked like a Who from Horton hears a who.

I asked my mom and she said that he fell face first by the stairs. She said she had her back turned so she doesn't know what he hit himself on but that he was complaining that it was his bottom lip was hurting. He told me that his bottom lip was hurting on the inside. When my hat accidentally brushed his upper lip, he made a face but didn't cry.

I inspected his mouth and this is what I found:

Ignore his mouth and boogers, lol. You can see the bruising and swelling even before I lift up his lip.

The very front of the roof of his mouth is also bruised. I don't see any obvious damage to his teeth but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Should I take him to the urgent care? Schedule a dentist appointment?

My mom is a nurse and she didn't see the bruise until I pointed it out to her. She did not seem to think it was an emergency.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeAndLo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I have no idea? I'd probably go get it checked out tho. Here's a bump for you anyway and hope the little guy feels better!

madcrazymom
When did he hit it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978

It almost looks like he simply bruised the inside of his mouth against his teeth.  I would maybe give it a day or so and see how it looks then (unless he indicates that it's bothering him more and more).

SJ1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM
oh no....poor baby. i would make an appointment with his pedi....or at least call and see if they think he should be looked at. hope your baby boy is feeling better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevysMomma

I don't know. I've never seen bruising there before and it looks pretty bad. He could of messed up nerves in his teeth, broke his teeth inside, I don't know.

I would be calling a dentist.

alwayskk

Quoting madcrazymom:

When did he hit it?

Last night around 7.

BeAmour
Wow!!! I dunno what to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kes1s
Ask him what he had in his mouth when he fell. To bruise like that would take some doing. Doesn't look 'emergency' or dentist because really there's nothing they could do for you short of telling you to ice it and keep an eye on it.
Crashly

it doesn't look like an emergancy or dr visit to me.

Sharrison92
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Id take him to urgent. The docs there do kno a little about dentist stuff. At least the docs here do...Ive never seen bruises in a mouth before tho. Interesting...Hope he feels better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)