Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey!! People who are good at being polite! I need help!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

I need to find a way to word a letter to several parents of girls in my girl scout troop. We're not supposed to allow girls to attend more than one meeting without registering and paying dues, and we're now in our forth month and still have several girls who haven't paid. I need to find a way to politely say that we need their money, or at the very least to fill out a financial aid application and to pay the five dollar dues. The application and fees are needed so the girls can be officially a part of the scouts and be covered by our insurance in case anything happens, and also so we have contact information and emergency information, and permission for medical treatment, etc. The five dollars is to help fund activities and to help to pay for the girls badges. I'm normally pretty good at doing this kind of stuff, but I'm kind of tapped out right now... I just had to write an entire newsletter for the troop. Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prinzesstephi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:39 PM

anyone? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

..guesswho..
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM
Just say what you just told us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prinzesstephi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:42 PM

lol, "we need your money!" doesn't seem professional :oP

Pink_Sunshine
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM

It has come to our attention that dues haven't been paid. We need these funds for activities and to pay for the Girl's badges. It's pertinent that those of you that haven't paid, pay ASAP or apply for Aid. We need all the help we can get from you. The girls will not officially become part of the Girl Scouts and covered by our insurance without their dues being paid. 

jj_bmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Tell them that you enjoy your group of girls but by them not paying it's hindering the activities you could be doing. And that you'd REALLY appreciate if they could make their payment as soon as possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM

It has come to my attention that you still have  not regstered and paid dues for(childs name). We are reguired to have girls register so that in case of emergancy we know who to contact......ect. Please have this done by such and such time so that we can keep enjoying our time together.

I know it isn't much, but all I can think of right now. I would be okay with a letter like that, maybe include the regiostratiion form with the letter.

celeciag
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Explaining the insurance issues like you just did seems more than fair. I would send it out starting with a happy holidays and acknowledging that money is tight this time of year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammie0402
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Something along the lines, " I understand the economy is bad, and the holidays are just around the corner, However, due to safety reasons it's very important we receive the fees due each week to
Cover insurance, forbid anything were to happen. Also, the five dollars goes towards your Childs various activities, and when we are not receiving it, our troops are missing out.... Also give it to all the parents, and maybe make some sort of newsletter. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM

It absolutely does. What do you think every bill you have ever gotten says?

I would probably say something along the lines of "Girl Scouts of America requires us to collect the monthly dues for all girls to cover insurance and other expenses. Unfortunately, if you are unable to pay the dues at this time, we will not be able to allow your daughter/s to attend future Girls Scout meetings or events."

Quoting prinzesstephi:

lol, "we need your money!" doesn't seem professional :oP

KitschyGirl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Hello Parents,

We very much enjoy having your daughter participate in our girl scout troop, and we hope she is enjoying it as well. It has recently come to my attention that you have exceeded the payment grace period. In order to continue to provide activities for the girls it is imperative that we collect all the necessary funds and information from each member. There is financial aid available to those who qualify. I have attached the necessary paperwork for you to fill out and return no later than __/__/__. I have included a financial aid form as well.

Thank you very much for your cooperation, and we hope to see ____ at our next troop meeting.

Sincerely,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)