Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Quick passport question

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am filling out the DS 11 passport application for my husband. He was issued a Mexico passport back in 1994. The application asks if he was ever issued a passport book and if he still has it in his possession. Which we do. He is now an American citizen, and the passport expired exactly 1 year from the day he got in, in 1995. He was like 9 years old.

At the end of the app, it states he has a passport book and they are not charging for a new book.. But it is not a US passport. So should I just check no? I will still have him bring it to his interview, but looking over the finished app, the passport doesn't seem relevant to this new passport..

Thank you!!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
poshkat
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:13 PM

if it is not a US passport and its expired than he needs a US passport since he is now a citizen. is he also a citizen of mexico? he might need to file for a new one there

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM
The questions is referring to whether or not he has a US passport book, so you would mark no you do not have a passport book in your possession.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilayframe
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM

He is a US Citizen now. But back in 1994 he wasn't. And it expired in 1995. And it is for a US passport.

Quoting poshkat:

if it is not a US passport and its expired than he needs a US passport since he is now a citizen. is he also a citizen of mexico? he might need to file for a new one there

ilayframe
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Thank you! I was really confused!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

The questions is referring to whether or not he has a US passport book, so you would mark no you do not have a passport book in your possession.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM
I did mine last month.

Quoting ilayframe:

Thank you! I was really confused!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)