Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids hit because they are spanked......

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM
  • 67 Replies
2 moms liked this
Reading another post today had me laughing at how many women said the op needed to spank her kid. I find it pretty funny how when a child is physical but not spanked a lot of replies state that op should spank him or "put the fear in him", but yet when you read a post where a child is physical and gets spanked for it then the op gets ripped apart for spanking. It's a no win situation here on cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM
5 moms liked this

Aggression and hitting is natural in kids.  It's up to us parents to teach them that it's not right to hit and to vent their frustrations with words.  I find that spanking does the complete opposite of that.  In fact, I find it to be hypocritical.  "Don't hit!!"  *swack*  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jillbailey26:

Aggression and hitting is natural in kids.  It's up to us parents to teach them that it's not right to hit and to vent their frustrations with words.  I find that spanking does the complete opposite of that.  In fact, I find it to be hypocritical.  "Don't hit!!"  *swack*  

That is not true.Justin was NEVER spanked until he was about  4.We had to spank him because he was not only hitting stacey but hitting him in the head with stuff like see n says and crap.It only took a couple of times and he quit hitting him.

Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Yuletide Greetings, Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year, Feliz Navidad, Habari Gani. We wish you a happy holiday season.If you were left out,let me know and I will add your greeting too!
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting jillbailey26:

That is not true.Justin was NEVER spanked until he was about  4.We had to spank him because he was not only hitting stacey but hitting him in the head with stuff like see n says and crap.It only took a couple of times and he quit hitting him.

What's not true?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Astaroth
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Bwahahahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roseberrymatrix
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

My son doesn't hit, he won't even hit back.

I'm gonna beat this 'Ghandi' like bullshit RIGHT OUTTA HIM!

Actually he doesn't it, or hit back. I spank on rare ocassion. Otherwise he gets time outs.

km1970
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM
6 moms liked this

Honestly, it doesn't matter what the topic is on this site...it's a no win situation about everything. Whether you spank or not, breast feed or not, have a medicated or unmedicated birth, buy them presents or don't buy them presents....I could go on and on.

There is no one size fits all approach to parenting....

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting jillbailey26:

What's not true?

Spanking does not do the complete opposite.He quit hitting!He found out it did not feel so good!

Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Yuletide Greetings, Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year, Feliz Navidad, Habari Gani. We wish you a happy holiday season.If you were left out,let me know and I will add your greeting too!
opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

you just discovered that? that is like the ff bf debate it is a no win too

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting jillbailey26:

What's not true?

Spanking does not do the complete opposite.He quit hitting!He found out it did not feel so good!

I said that I find it to do the complete opposite.  It's my opinion.  

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

My son doesn't hit, he won't even hit back.

I'm gonna beat this 'Ghandi' like bullshit RIGHT OUTTA HIM!

Actually he doesn't it, or hit back. I spank on rare ocassion. Otherwise he gets time outs.

Some kids just never even have the urge to bite or hit  and some may do it once and if the other person cries or pretends to cry,it horrifies them and they never do it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)