Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toys For Tots?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am so excited! I just got the call that we've been approved for getting Toys For Tots for our boys. But we HAVE to pick up the packages tomorrow. So I was wondering if any of you have gotten Toys For TOts before  -- if I bring the boys will they see the gifts? I know they are not wrapped, but do they come in bags or something? I'm just not sure if I can get a sitter so last minute but don't want to ruin the only presents they might be getting from 'us' this year....

Thanks,

Shannon

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM
No idea, but that's great you got approved!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenandpetersmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM
I would imagine they bring them in bags. How many toys are you getting? We give every year to TFT! Glad your boys are getting something from Santa!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

not sure but heres a bump. Thats cool. We were able to give a lil money to them this year. I think it's such a great charity to help others :)

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM
when i picked mine up a couple years ago they were in big black trash bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JrsMommy07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM
you picj their gifts out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Sorry, we've never used them. Congratulations though. Here's a bump.

getoesuepastah
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:20 PM

they put them in a bag, no u dont get to pick them out, cuz last year they gave me a dirty stuffed animal and a little crayon toy for my daughter,

KickButtMama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Quoting getoesuepastah:

they put them in a bag, no u dont get to pick them out, cuz last year they gave me a dirty stuffed animal and a little crayon toy for my daughter,

Yeah - they didn't say anything about picking stuff out - they said our packages were ready -so I assumed it was in some kinda bag or something....but wasn't positive.

I thought it was supposed to be new, packaged, unused toys, not used stuff? I was a little surprised to hear from them but was shocked at the short notice. I applied several weeks ago and hadn't heard a word - then they called at 4:30 and said I had to pic it up today or tomorrow between 1 and 6. Eek!

Thanks everyone!

TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM
I am not Sure but That's awesome!! I
Hope your boys have a great Christmas. We give toys and donate to them every year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy259
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM

When i use to volunteer and seperate the gifts we always put them in big black trash bags.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)