Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood in baby poop??...update...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:50 PM
  • 43 Replies
I'm gonna post a pic below so

Beware!!!!!

I think my dd might have issues with milk she is going on 13 m and I've had her on lactaid/ soy this past week so today I tried milk again one cup this morning

Well she did the screaming while pooping again so I def think its a milk or lactose issue

But now it looks like there is blood in her poop

Is this a normal side effect of lactose intolerance?? Or is this a sign something else might be going on?

Despite what she firings she has a bit of difficultly pooping but it's way worse with milk

And with milk it's more yellow in color with soy and lactaid it's more brown green

Anyone dealt with this
Or have an idea what's wrong??

I'm gonna call the dc Monday she seems fine otherwise .... But I'm still worried should I go to urgent care??

See pic below

Beware!!!!

Update

The doctor said its definitely the milk so to just do both coconut milk and almond milk

She said still give here cheese and stuff cooked with dairy and just pay attention to if it upsets her tummy

Right now she doesn't feel the news to put her through a blood test since it doesn't seem to be too serious... We will test when she is older for all food allergies .....She think the blood was from somewhere close to the anys from the struggle and will heal itself fine

So the almond milk is working great and we got coconut milk today and she's iffy on it but I'll keep trying :)

Thanks ladies!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM

So sorry for this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM

The pic is so small it's hard to tell.  Is the blood IN or ON the poop?  

GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM
It's laced in it but it's bright, and that means its close to the exit right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It looks more like it's just ON, which isn't as serious.  If it's hard it may be causing some anal fissures, which is why it's hurting her to poop.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Right.

Quoting GumDropDiva:

It's laced in it but it's bright, and that means its close to the exit right?

GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Poor baby butt ... Do you think the milk could be doing that?

Quoting AnitaVersion2.0:

It looks more like it's just ON, which isn't as serious.  If it's hard it may be causing some anal fissures, which is why it's hurting her to poop.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM

My son had that happen when he had problems with his formula, we had to switch to soy formula, so it probably could be the milk. I would talk to the pedi about it.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Making it hard?  I don't know, possibly.  I gave Reece some stool softener when she went through that (Dr. recommended it).  It helped a lot.

Quoting GumDropDiva:

Poor baby butt ... Do you think the milk could be doing that?

Quoting AnitaVersion2.0:

KitschyGirl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Blood in poop is a sign of allergy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)