Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alternatives to an epideral?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I are trying for baby #2 right now. I know that I definitely do not want another epideral. With my daughter I made it to 7cm without one-I guess my spine is a little croked so it took a while for the Anesthesiologist to get it in all while hitting a few vertebraes. OUCH! Then I had her 20 minutes later.

Anyway-What are some other methods or medications that allow you to relax and/or offer some pain relief? This is a question that I will definitely ask my doctor about but I wanted to see what has/hasn't worked for other people first to get an idea.

Thanks!!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mes_deux_amours
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM

The pain of labor hurt so much I don't even remember there being any pain during the insertion of my epi.. hell withmy first I made it to 9 CM before I got one and so happy when I did. My second, I didn't wait. I love the epi.

But there are tons of other methods. Have you considered getting a midwive to coach you through labor?

sweet.lil.mama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Nubain and stadol don't work...lol I was tripped out during labor from it..could you use a tub or walk around??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josslynsmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM

For me, getting the epideral was way worse than labor pain!

How would I go about looking into a widwife? Can you have a midwife and an OB that work together?

KaroGreenly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM
Breathe.

To go from 7 to 10 is usually the fastest part of labor. If you could make it that far, you could make it through delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyangel22
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM
pain and breathe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:15 PM
You have to breathe and be in control of your body. I did it 3 times, if I didnt breathe properly I would start to lose it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)