Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

things a single mother would like to share with you

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM
  • 49 Replies
4 moms liked this

1.  if you say something like"how could you be pregnant/ how did u get pregnant, your not even married" im probably going to think your not very bright.

2. no i do not call my childs father my "babydaddy"

3. when u first find out or i first tell you im a single mother, please don't feel the need to say "i'm sorry."  I'm not.

4. please assure your husband, yes, it is okay for you to be friends with me, I'm not on a recruiting mission and tell him i promise i'm not planning on telling you to leave him.

5. in addition, it really is okay for your child to play with my child, i dont have strange men in and out of my apt, in fact the only time men are in and out of my apt is when they are here to fix something.

6. single mother does not automatically equal= don't know who the father is, unless an alien snuck in during the night and impregnated me, there is only one possible father.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fallaya
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I like your list.  I would like to add:

Being a single mom doesn't mean I have loose morals or "slept around".  Some of us are actually in long-term relationships with the father of our child(ren).

MsDean
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I remember my neohew asked me how I was having a baby when I was not married. He was like 11 or soemthing. I told him ask his mom, lol!

With that said, I loved being a ingle mom and I love being a married one. I would never assume things based on relationship status.

alwayskk
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM
10 moms liked this

As a divorced mom, please don't tell me you're sorry when I tell you I'm divorced. I'm not sorry, it was the right decision.

Please stop hanging all over your man like you never have before just because I tell you I'm single. It's embarrassing for pretty much everyone involved, especially your husband. Just because I'm a single mom does not mean I'm desperate enough to try to get with someone who's with someone.

Perfectmom24
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM

ok!

SevysMomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Being a single mother:

Does not make me a bad mother.

Does not mean I am horrible at making all decisions.

Does not mean I am irresponsible.

Does not mean I am lonely.

Does not mean I am anything other than me without a husband, lol.

graciesmom6206
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM
4 moms liked this
As a single mom I have never had those issues with people. The only thing I want to say is that a lot of us are not on assistance. I hate when people make that assumption. I am college educated, prior to having a child, I own my own home, my daughter attends private school and I have a great job. We're all not drones on society.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Please don't assume every single mom is on welfare. Some moms never actually need it or used it for its intended purpose and swiftly got off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Don't assume I was never married to begin with.  Yeah, some of us are divorced and our children were conceived and born within that failed marriage.

ac10
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Do people actually act like this?

addiecakesmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)