Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using Christmas as an excuse to scam people!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

My neighbor across the street approached DF and I a few weeks ago. He told us he was helping out with a toy drive for kids in need. It was like a "toys for tots" type thing, but not that actual organization. He said if we had anything, new or used, that we were willing to part with, it would help him a lot. So of course it touched our hearts. Last year the majority of my son's Christmas presents came from a mom on here, because neither of us were working, and we were getting welfare. So of course when I'm doing a little bit better this year (still struggling, but not quite as bad), I wanted to help. We went through DS's toys and stuffed animals, and bagged up all the stuff he doesn't play with anymore. DF brought it across the street to our neighbor. The neighbor was full of thanks, saying it would help the kids in need.

Flash forward an hour after we gave him the toys. A car pulls up in front of his house. He didn't realize we had our windows open in our apartment and were able to hear every word he was saying. Turns out the person driving the car was his son, and his grandkids were in the back seat. He comes walking out of the house with the bag of toys we had just given him. We hear him say "hey buddy, grampa got you some toys! The nice people across the street said their baby didn't want them anymore, so they wanted YOU to have them."

Really dude?? You convinced me that you were giving to kids in need who wouldn't have a Christmas otherwise. And then you turn around and give the toys to your grandkids? What a scumbag!! And he's asked us to donate money to causes in the past. Now I know he will never get a penny from me. He's a dishonest loser who pulls at people's heart strings to get what he wants.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hp2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Wow, him and a lady I know who stole $40,000 from her father who's a pastor should get married.

CafeMom Tickers

Mother to Isaiah Malachi 5/1/08 and Kelly Jordan COMING SOON!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah   I would prefer he said he was looking for toys for grandkids and i would gladly give any of DD's old toys to any children.

mom_dl6
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:43 PM

no kidding what skuzzieballs

Quoting hp2011:

Wow, him and a lady I know who stole $40,000 from her father who's a pastor should get married.

Mommys.TimeOut
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Maybe the kid is the one he was helping..maybe the kids' school or daycare was having a drive.....I mean, it could be taken that way.

MisfitInTN
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:49 PM
That is sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessie82087
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM

That's exactly how I feel about it. Had he said the toys were for his grandkids, I still would have given them. I just don't appreciate being lied to and told I'm helping children in need.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yeah   I would prefer he said he was looking for toys for grandkids and i would gladly give any of DD's old toys to any children.

B-FigNewton
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM

He could have just been truthful.

jessie82087
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM

From what I know of the guy, that definitely isn't the case. This is the same guy I suspect stole my son's radio flyer wagon from our yard.

Quoting Mommys.TimeOut:

Maybe the kid is the one he was helping..maybe the kids' school or daycare was having a drive.....I mean, it could be taken that way.

MiCHELLEx
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM
what a dbag.. like wtf. I would've confronted him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM

That's frickin mean. I hate assholes like that.

And if he'd lie to you about kids in need he probably DID steal it.

Dickhole.

Quoting jessie82087:

From what I know of the guy, that definitely isn't the case. This is the same guy I suspect stole my son's radio flyer wagon from our yard.

Quoting Mommys.TimeOut:

CafeMom Tickers

Mother to Isaiah Malachi 5/1/08 and Kelly Jordan COMING SOON!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)