Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So incredibly excited

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

So, I went to an open house at the college I'll be transferring to in the fall.  I'm going to be entering with junior status, as I've completed my first two years at the local community college.  It was A-freaking-MAZING!!!  I knew it was the righ choice before I visited, and after seeing the campus and talking to students and faculty, I have absolutely NO doubts.  I am totally in love.  I will be so anxious finishing up my last semester because I just can't wait to get there.
They recently won $3 million in grants for scientific research.  They've renovated all the labs and are purchasing a scanning electron microscope; a piece of equipment that is VERY rare for an undergraduate to be able to use.  Of the 1400 students, there are NO grad students, so the undergrads will actually get a chance to use the microscope.  Additionally, there are TONS of research opportunities.  About 85% of their students engage in original research projects, which really serves to improve resumes and enhance the educational experience.
The honors and scholars program sounds AMAZING.  They have an infinity pool, a rock wall for climbing and tons of other activities.  I am seriously walking on air right now.  haha
Oh, and the BEST news is that after talking to admissions, I found out that I do NOT have to send my $300 deposit all at one time.  I can go ahead and accept the offer of admission with a small initial payment and pay the remaining balance over several months.  

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom2ljh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Oh, and they allow food and drink in the library.  How cool is that!?  :-)

kristyann
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Sounds like you picked a great school. Congrats!

mom2ljh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anima_bella
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KME3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Yay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)