Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you close to your ex? (the father of your kid) how about his new girlfriend?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

I'm trying to figure out a certain relative of mine. Ayear ago she left her husband and 2 kids. He has custody and she pays child support. He has a new girlfriend with 3 kids. So in this ex husbands house there are 5 kids and a new woman. They both work weekends, so this relative spends the weekends with her ex and his girlfriend, the kids. I get the babysitting part, but why not show up in the morning and leave when they get home?

I just think this would confuse the kids. They no longer have a family unit, their mom runs off, yet she spends the weekends. I just never seen a situation where 2 newly divorced people like hanging out and with a new woman in the picture

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hp2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I guess maybe they truly are better off as friends?

alwayskk
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I think it's awesome for them. I think her kids will be fine. Much better than the 15 years + my parents were divorced before the could be in the same room together again.

MsDean
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I think it is great. Just becausxe you are not together does not mean you are no longer a family unit.

My ex and I have been going through a rough patch but for years we had almost no issues and have all hung out with even my dh.

sweetheart5703
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM

No. My ex doesn't parent when he has the kids, his girlfriend does it for him. Luckily I like her, but I hate my ex, he is so self absorbed and only cares about his dick. It's a shame I had kids with him really, but at least one of us has a brain. 

isaiahbellamom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM
My daughters dad and his girl me and my kids all spent my birthday together. I get along with his girlfriend just fine. Him is awhole nother story. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loving4Boys
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM
My kids father is single. We're civil when need be but that's it.
cannonsmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Nope! I don't talk to my ex or his new wife. He pays child support & only sees ds once maybe twice a year. He basically acts like ds doesn't exist. I'm very lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend who's an amazing father to my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisairv
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM
My ex comes to all holiday gatherings and birthdays. I figured it's better for the kids. I have a boyfriend and they get along ok. He doesn't bring his girlfriends since they change every week and they usually are a lot younger (like 20 years younger).

roseberrymatrix
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

My sons father is an asshole, his new gf is sweet though.

momofnhimai
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

It is nice they get along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)