Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy exzema???

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

has anyone heard of this?? or had it?? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom_dl6
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

3pippings
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I had it with my first one. Started I think around 7 or 8 months and it was gone a day or 2 after I had my baby.

lvmy3lilones
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM

hopefully this will go away soon...somedays it's not so bad and others i want to cut my arm off lol.....especially when i'm stressed out about something...is there anything you did? like any kind of medicine you've put on it? i've just been using a lot of lotion to make sure my arm stays moisturized....kinda worried about using anything else..you can't be to sure whats safe for pregnant women to use these days

Quoting 3pippings:

I had it with my first one. Started I think around 7 or 8 months and it was gone a day or 2 after I had my baby.

CafeMom Tickers
3pippings
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I don't really remember... It was 9 years ago..lol...sorry...I have poor memory... But I think I just applied lotion. Lots and lots of lotion. I do remember the worst time of the day was night. I wanted to strap myself so I wouldn't itch too much :D

I agree with you. It's worrying really, the products nowadays.

Quoting lvmy3lilones:

hopefully this will go away soon...somedays it's not so bad and others i want to cut my arm off lol.....especially when i'm stressed out about something...is there anything you did? like any kind of medicine you've put on it? i've just been using a lot of lotion to make sure my arm stays moisturized....kinda worried about using anything else..you can't be to sure whats safe for pregnant women to use these days

Quoting 3pippings:

lilbit53009
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM

i got a pregnancy rash. it was all over (worse on my belly) and really itchy and came at about 8 months. i forget what it was called but theres a name for it. it went away a few days after my son was born.

beadfairy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM

My son has Excema and we have discovered a few things that really help. The doctor prescribes him a steroid cream, but we don't like to use it constantly so we looked for other remedies. Tea tree oil (it comes in lotion too) is antibacterial and works on it.

We researched a lot and found that excema is a missing layer of skin cells that allows Staph, which grows naturally on your skin to enter and inflame thus the rash and not an allergy like most people think. Tea tree oil, calendula oil(expensive and hard to find) and a few others will kill Staph.

My son is allergic to tea tree oil so we turned to bleach, half a cup in an entire bath of water for 10 minutes once or twice a week and his rash was almost gone. He doesn't come out smelling like bleach, it smells like a chlorinated pool. Bleach is the only thing that hospitals have discovered kills enough Staph to prevent MRSA.

Water is a big irritant, we bathe him every other day and put vaseline on half an hour before he goes swimming. We also use sun screen lotion that is zinc oxide based and he can spend all day in the pool without it getting worse. Vaseline helps create the barrier that the skin is missing to keep moisture in and staph out, most lotions won't help.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that this helps, I never had pregnancy eczema, but I am so excited to share it because it changed his skin and is so simple! 

cali4niachef
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM

No, I had PUPPS with my first.

lvmy3lilones
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM

whatt is PUPPS?

Quoting cali4niachef:

No, I had PUPPS with my first.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)