Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A** hole! How can they do this??? *EDIT*

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

I will try to keep this short. So we moved into our house last month and we just got our first garbage bill. There is an "extra" charge for $40 and the reason is listed as "Chair" Uh, we did not throw out a chair! The only thing we can think of is our ex landlord threw out the chair that was his, that HE left in his house when we rented it.  I cannot for the life of me understand why the garbage company would charge US since the garbage bill was always in HIS name and we just paid it. (the garbage company told us that they couldnt change the name on the bill or the owner of the houses name)  My ex landlord had to have given the garbage company our new address and name...which wouldnt surprise me with the other stuff that we are dealing with (another story). But I dont see how a garbage company can charge someone else for a house that they were not being billed for! 

Just for clarification we started up garbage service with the same company at our new address. They added the chair to our new bill!This would be the first time we have been this garbage companies customers since the bill was always in our LL name.  So our LL must have given them the info on where we were living and who to bill. I dont see how they can bill us when it wasnt in our name and we werent living there at the time. It was dated 11/10. Our last day was 10/31

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

BUMP!

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM

thank you

Quoting mom_dl6:

BUMP!

ibebreezy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM
No idea so here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Forward it back to him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Call the company and ask them what the charge is for. 

KME3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I'll be calling them Monday morning!

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

Call the company and ask them what the charge is for. 

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM

we started up our own service at our new house and they added it to our bill! 

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Forward it back to him

mes_deux_amours
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Your ex LL is a nightmare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Is the bill in your name or his name? If its in your name then I would contact the company and tell them you never opened an account in your name. Ask how the person how someone can open an account in your name without you being there. My husband and I have always had to go in person to open a waterbill/garbage bill. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)