Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ER trip?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay so my jaw and ear is hurting really bad.I was literally crying in pain about a hour ago and I broke down and took half a pain pill, I think its my wisdom tooth pushing out on my jaw. I dont know if I can go to the ER for this kind of issue I just dont know what I going to do when the medicine wears off. Can you go to the ER fro jaw pain or do I have to wait until monday.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:52 PM
You can go, but there isn't much they can do. I would call a dentist Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Thats what I figured,thanks

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM
No problem.

Quoting allycally:

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Thats what I figured,thanks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM
They may give you better medicine if you do go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angiemamma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:59 PM
They can give you a dental block. I have gone for tooth pain. The er gave me vicodin and some local numbing jell that worked great. I didnt get the shot. I hate needles in my mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM
This
BUT
Are you sure it is dental pain? Heart attacks can start in the jaw.

Quoting angiemamma:

They can give you a dental block. I have gone for tooth pain. The er gave me vicodin and some local numbing jell that worked great. I didnt get the shot. I hate needles in my mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:04 PM

You can go & they will probably give you some narcotics (if you want them) to help get you through the pain till Monday.

I totally feel you. All four of my wisdom teeth are pushing on my other teeth. I have them scheduled to be removed,but my insurane wont cover it 100% until January & they gave me 12 Vicodin. lol So I'm trying to make it last but Idk if 12 will last me a whole month. It fucking hurts!

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Quoting kitty8199:

This
BUT

Quoting angiemamma:

Yes its been bothering me for a couple of months now and I was planning on getting both wisdom teeth removed in January before the spring semester starts. I have never had this much pain before usually when it hurts I can just take a couple of Aleve and the pain is gone, Tonight I took a 5 mg Vicodin and  I can still feel the pain but its not horrible anymore. The worst parts is I got finals next week so I cant do anything until Thursday.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

You can go & they will probably give you some narcotics (if you want them) to help get you through the pain till Monday.

I totally feel you. All four of my wisdom teeth are pushing on my other teeth. I have them scheduled to be removed,but my insurane wont cover it 100% until January & they gave me 12 Vicodin. lol So I'm trying to make it last but Idk if 12 will last me a whole month. It fucking hurts!

That sucks, Im going to have to pay out of pocket since I dont have dental ins,but its gonna totally be worth it. I m kinda ticked off though cuz my dentist always told me not to worry about getting them removed cause I didnt have any.Then lo and behold now that I dont have dental they pop up.

kitty8199
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM
NSAIDS work better for dental pain. 800mg ibuprofen should do it.

Quoting allycally:

Quoting kitty8199:

This

BUT

Quoting angiemamma:

Yes its been bothering me for a couple of months now and I was planning on getting both wisdom teeth removed in January before the spring semester starts. I have never had this much pain before usually when it hurts I can just take a couple of Aleve and the pain is gone, Tonight I took a 5 mg Vicodin and  I can still feel the pain but its not horrible anymore. The worst parts is I got finals next week so I cant do anything until Thursday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)