Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A life outside your SO *POLL*

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a life outside of your SO?

Options:

Yes and we live together

Yes and we live apart

No and we live together

No and we live apart

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

SO has been really pissy lately, because I don't sit around doing nothing while waiting on him. I go to school, and have friends there. Once or twice a month, we all get together for dinner and movies/games. I also have friends and family outside of that. 

I try to make plans around SO so we can spend time together, but if he does not communicate properly, or his schedule changes suddenly, I will not drop my plans to cater to him. 

We currently live apart for many reasons. Yes, all 3 kids are his. Yes, they all live with me. 

So, who is wrong? Me for not catering to him or him for expecting me to drop everything just for him. 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Yes, but it all depends on what's going on with everyone...  I usually neglect to do things for myself but my dh is the first person who'll remind me to go out for coffee, or ask if I'm going to have girl's night...    He also doesnt mind when I make plans as long as I keep him in the loop... 

SevysMomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I am single. I am always living my own life and it's nice.

hp2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Yes and we live together for a few reasons:

He is 30, I am 22. Our friends don't have common interests.

He and my mother don't get along so I spend time with my family without him.

When I go (well when I am not pregnant) to work I enjoy not being around him, and I know he enjoys his space too.

He goes out by himself with his friends, and I go out by myself with my friends. For birthdays, we go out for something like a dinner or movie and within a couple days we go out with friends.

Takes a hell of a lot of trust though, but he calls me all the time and I do the same. 

CafeMom Tickers

Mother to Isaiah Malachi 5/1/08 and Kelly Jordan COMING SOON!

Melonie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM
He doesn't drink and I do so I go out almost every weekend w my BFF. He is completely fine w it cause he likes to play his video games. But we do other things together like go out to eat or the movies. For a couple years after I had our son I was very depressed and alone and didn't have any friends that lived close so he's really cool w me going out almost every weekend. And its not just goin out to the bar, sometimes we just chill at her place or hit the bowling alley. She used to come over like 3-4 days a week but since we moved n with my hubby's family I go to her place. I feel like I'm never alone n this house lol. And he has done some things w friends but not much cause they all play the same games to they do hang out every weekend just not n the same house lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lostinindy
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:11 PM
I think time apart makes for a better marriage. I encourage my DH to go out with friends and do things without me and the kids. It's easy to get caught up in being a wife/husband, mom/dad and forget who you are alone. We do a lot together but it's nice to have alone time too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:14 PM

BUMP, thanks so far ladies

pristine729
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Neither of you are wrong....but, you both need to compromise if you expect to stay together and be happy.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I go out with my friends. DH doesn't care. He knows that I need that time to myself and it makes our marriage that much stronger.

I don't think you are wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)