Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Manager Made Her Cry

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM
  • 27 Replies
4 moms liked this
I can not stand men who belittle women.

I went to Costco today for a few things. I got in line behind a woman my age (30s). She was renewing her membership with the bonus certificate they send you and buying some things. Two jugs of milk, bread, and a doll gift set. I saw the manager come over and begin arguing with her.

Apparently she had the gold membership and wanted to downgrade it. He was arguing with her and trying to sell her on the more expensive option. Not that much more but still more. She flat out said she couldnt afford it.

"Then put the toy back."

I froze. What!?!? Um. She broke into tears. She told him that was all her daughter was getting. "Please stop embarrassing me." I was now pissed. She is crying and upset and he just kept going. I pushed myself forward and touched her shoulder and said "Hi." She looked so lost. Then I nodded and she got it. I told him he was out of line and we needed someone else. He puffed up and stepped closer to intimidate me. I told him to not even try that because I wont tolerate it. I am only 4'10 but I am not meek.

He left and another manager came over, apologized, upgraded her membership, and again apologized. He said the first guy was going to be reprimanded. She left and I cashed out. At the cafe she was waiting to thank me. She laughed and said "He probably thought you were my friend."

"I am." She smiled, we hugged, and I told her I got the same doll for my son. She grinned and nodded then left.

I hate how she was treated. I hate that people pull that crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You're awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM

how fricken rude of him!!!!

i am so glad someone steppped up for her

redneckmama2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM
i probably would have knocked that ass on his ass! I hate hate hate when people think they have any right to tell people what to do when they dont even know them!
redneckmama2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
and you go mama for standing up for her!
Chibi_Kitten
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

That was awesome of you! Way to go!!

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i hope he loses his job and is not just reprimanded

Luna091306

What an ass. I hope that guy gets fired. Good job standing up for her!

isaiahbellamom
Awww good job, I would have cut him a new one also lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jalapano
It's nice to see people standing up for other people. It's something that is never done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody

You rock, and what a $%^&!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)