Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it safe?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm making my girls a play kitchen. Is it safe to spray paint it if I cover it with a clear protective coat? Or should I just leave it the dark wood color it came in?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM

BUMP!

Metalmommaof1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

i dont see a problem in painting it. my mom painted my dd's stove she made and it is fine.

randomosityblog
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Quoting Metalmommaof1:

i dont see a problem in painting it. my mom painted my dd's stove she made and it is fine.

Does it have a smell or anything? It's a big entertainment center, but I was just gonna spray paint the whole thing blue or something.

.Pagan.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

its safe to paint you don't have to put the clear coat on either. just leave it out in the open to air out so that icky smell doesn't take over your house. i painted my sons bed and i had to let it air out for a few days. you can also get some low odor paint at places like Lowe's.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM

lol. I dont see why it wouldnt be ok.

AHmom103
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM

It should be safe even without a clear coat, as long as the paint is for on wood.

momma-flynn
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It should be fine. I spray painted my nightstand & didn't clear coat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Monsters060909
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM

if you polyeurithane..all of it it should be fine...i had  friend do his table that way and it's totally safe...make sure u do it in a VERY well ventelated area otherwise you'll be high as a kite

Metalmommaof1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I haven't noticed a smell, but then again i dont know what kind of paint she used either. i do know she did use a protective coating on it so the paint wouldn't chip.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting Metalmommaof1:

Does it have a smell or anything? It's a big entertainment center, but I was just gonna spray paint the whole thing blue or something.

randomosityblog
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Quoting 3Monsters060909:

if you polyeurithane..all of it it should be fine...i had  friend do his table that way and it's totally safe...make sure u do it in a VERY well ventelated area otherwise you'll be high as a kite

lol Yeah it's a rolling entertainment center so I am gonna roll it outside to paint it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)