Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old whines when she doesn't get her way... HELP

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter, recently two, has been at home with me since day one. I am a SAHM and sometimes I wonder if that is part of the problem.. 

We have definitely hit the "terrible twos" stage, which I like to refer to as the "independent twos." Seems to sound better and not so, well, terrible. She is a great kid, very loving and polite, I just can't seem to do away with the constant whining. Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamiJ18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignore the whining (if it's temper-related) until she stops. Once she is calm, either forget about it or talk about it. Her ability to talk plays a big factor into why she whines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Stop  giving into her whining and letting her run your house.......she didn't develope this habit overnight........kwim

SASSY762 

rmfanfgljf
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Ignore her, and don't give into her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell me son that I couldn't hear him when he talked that way and would act like I couldn't hear him until he used a normal tone.  If it was really really bad, I would say "ouch, that hurts my ears.  I'm going to have to turn them off until you are talking normal."  He didn't whine for long.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

its not a problem hon. its a phase. and totally normal. just stick to your guns. no means no. no ifs ands  or buts. and ignore the whining. or you will drive yourself insane lol 

SumiTay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I don't give into her whining.. I ignore her when she is doing it but she is persistent and will keep going. I am wondering if it will get better or worse when her little brother is born in 2 1/2 months.. Scary to think it could get worse.

kissesxoxo8882
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Oh i like that

Quoting anotherhalf:

I would tell me son that I couldn't hear him when he talked that way and would act like I couldn't hear him until he used a normal tone.  If it was really really bad, I would say "ouch, that hurts my ears.  I'm going to have to turn them off until you are talking normal."  He didn't whine for long.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leslie120
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM
Tell her you can't answer until she talks like a big girl and uses words. Even then, you'll still hear a lot of whining, unfortunately that's what 2 year olds do and it only gets worse at 3 lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM

You think the twos are bad?  Wait til you reach the miserible threes.  Lmao

Quoting SumiTay:

I don't give into her whining.. I ignore her when she is doing it but she is persistent and will keep going. I am wondering if it will get better or worse when her little brother is born in 2 1/2 months.. Scary to think it could get worse.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Teens are even worse, lol

When she hits 13 to 16...you will be praying for the "Terrible Two's", lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)